For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Timmy124123's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, November 7th, 2012 2:07 AM

Will the LG Nexus 4 work on AT&T network?

I wanted to make sure it would be able to work on att since it is unlocked. Thanks in advance.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Yes, it will work.  It just won't get LTE data service.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Wherever I go,  I have wifi - so I do not need a data plan. The nitty-gritty question is can I take out my SIM card from my ATT phone, insert in Nexus 4 and use it without involving ATT?

SH

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

@sholmes149 wrote:

Wherever I go,  I have wifi - so I do not need a data plan. The nitty-gritty question is can I take out my SIM card from my ATT phone, insert in Nexus 4 and use it without involving ATT?

SH

Definite maybe.  Per policy, you need to have a data plan, if you are using a smartphone on AT&T's network.  But they may or may not be able associate the IMEI number of a non-AT&T purchased phone as being a smartphone.   At least for some past Nexus phones (I can remember the Nexus One specifically), AT&T could not properly identify it.  For some customers, it was being identified as being a Blackberry or other random incorrect smartphone.  One guy called AT&T and told them it was being read incorrectly, and told them it was a dumbphone, and they couldn't prove otherwise.

But no guarantee this would be the case for you on the Nexus 4.  Its slightly risky, unless you are prepared to live with a data plan, or sell the phone if things don't work out your way.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I had another question. Can I get the 25 dollar a month att deal and use my nexus 4 with it? (I solely intend to use the wifi provided by my college for all my data needs, and the deal looks pretty good to me!

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

Hi pramisht,

I replied to your private message, but yes, you should be able to use your Nexus 4 with the $25/monthly plan.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.