For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
irineugd's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, March 21st, 2019 7:11 AM

Will Samsung Galaxy S8 (G950U) receive Android 9 Pie?

Im waiting 4 this update.

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

5 years ago

I heard that Samsung is planning a March update for the S8/S8+. What it translates into in terms of the AT&T model I have no idea. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@dmapr wrote:

I heard that Samsung is planning a March update for the S8/S8+. What it translates into in terms of the AT&T model I have no idea. 

If its like past years you will see it sometime in April for the US models since they use Different silicon than the EU and overseas versions.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Im searching for an Official ROM Android 9 Pie to flash with Odin, but I only find for  S8 SM-955F

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@irineugd wrote:

Im searching for an Official ROM Android 9 Pie to flash with Odin, but I only find for  S8 SM-955F

There is no official pie rom yet as Samsung and the us carriers have not released it for the 955u or 955u1

Teacher

• 

29 Messages

5 years ago

It's June 26th, 2019. My U.S. Galaxy S8 from AT&T is still on a January 2019 security patch and still no Android Pie! Talk about worse than pathetic from these dimwits at a multi-billion dollar company. BTW, still no Universal RCS, so Google will have to take over. Totally absurd!!!!

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

5 years ago

@tuanskie  wrote:

It's June 26th, 2019. My U.S. Galaxy S8 from AT&T is still on a January 2019 security patch and still no Android Pie!

AT&T released Pie for the S8 at the end of March - I got it on my S8 at that time and it came with the March 1 security patch.  The April 1 security patch came out on May 8th.  The May 1 security patch came out on June 18.

https://www.att.com/devicehowto/tutorial.html#!/stepbystep/id/stepbystep_KM1203359?make=Samsung&model=SamsungG955U&gsi=la1859

Something is up with your particular device.  You say it's an AT&T phone, but is it currently on AT&T service?  If so, you will have to get with Customer Service, or go to an AT&T store, to see if they can somehow push it directly to your phone.

Teacher

• 

29 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks. It is on AT&T service. I’ll get with customer service or a store to see if they can push it.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

Find a ubreakifix if you have one close they can flash the phone for you.  Samsung is partnering with them for repairs now.

Teacher

• 

29 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks. I chatted with customer service and they said they'll push it out to my device. We'll see...

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@tuanskie wrote:

Thanks. I chatted with customer service and they said they'll push it out to my device. We'll see...

They really can't do that even tho they say they can.  You either have a IMEI mismatch on the account or something is wrong elsewhere.  That is why I said get it flashed.  Make sure you backup because it will wipe the device.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.