The Samsung Galaxy S24
ATRIXGUY's profile

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

Friday, February 17th, 2012 5:04 AM

Wifi issue after 2.3.6 update on Atrix 4G

My wifi keeps disconnecting after the new update any one else having this issue?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

11 years ago

Well after waiting months for the ics update hoping would fix these issues I'm having with the Atrix 4G. At&t and Motorola have now left us a phone with lots of problems and no support for a once flagship phone. Now that they have officially canceled the update. After dealing with at&t for months saying the update was coming my warranty is now up and at&t strung me along knowing this. When are contract is up soon I think we will have to move on to a better company that cares about it's customers.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

My Motorola ATRIX is doing the same. Going to buy a new router and try I few other things I found on few of forums Model number: MB860 Android version: 2.3.6 Motorola ATRIX 4G

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

YES!

Sucks big time.  Changing your AP/Router is not the solution...I can't ask my work to replace $10K worth of APs because of my stupid issue.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

Having the same issue...contacted Motorola, who gave me some things to try (sim card removal, toying with wireless settings, etc.) and none of them worked. Issue only popped up until I went from 2.3.4 to 2.3.6. It's NOT the router/modem or the Atrix hardware. It is an update issue, which needs to be resolved. It looks as though the Atrix wifi adapter is turning itself off and then back on again.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I can confirm I am having the same issue. Never had a WiFi connection issues until I updated to 2.3.6. . 

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you for responding only thing ive found to help is using a static ip adress for my home wifi. Hope they send out a patch for the wifi issue.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

Did any of you contact Motorola about this? They may want to hear about it ...

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Same problem! I contacted motorola, they asked me to use factory reset. It does work. Factory reset keeps the update and the issue remains!!!! So annoying!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

Yeah - I did (1) a factory reset - wiped everything, (2) messed with my router/modem settings, (3) did the power cycle thing, (4) removed the battery and sim card, (5) tried another wifi manager, (6) messed with the Atrix' wifi settings, and (7) then gave up.

Here's what I'm seeing - my wifi indicator (at the top right) will be solid blue, then will go grey/gray, then will be colorless/transparent, then will disappear, as though the adapter is turning off. Then it will turn back on -
it happens every 2-3 minutes. Really friggin' annoying. I've been trying to download some large games and haven't made it to the end, yet.

Keep complaining to them (Motorola/AT&T), they need to get into their heads that the 2.3.6 update was/is rubbish.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

sorry for typo! factory reset doesn't work.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.