For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
ATRIXGUY's profile

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

Friday, February 17th, 2012 5:04 AM

Wifi issue after 2.3.6 update on Atrix 4G

My wifi keeps disconnecting after the new update any one else having this issue?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

I have a Belkin N150 and had the update wifi issue, until I changed the DHCP lease time. Haven't tried any other routers and won't buy another one, any time soon. Other forums seem to point to it as being primarily a Belkin issue.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I have the same issue.  I use a d-link router.  I also experience connection issues wirh a bluetooth headset any time wifi is turned on.

Scholar

• 

104 Messages

12 years ago

Having problems here also since the update. I have the 5 gig data plan whereby I use my Atrix as a mobile hotspot. The data arrows turn gray quite often, causing my laptop to not be able to browse the net. It's very frustrating, and I hope they get a patch out ASAP to fix these issues!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Hello Dudes... Got the solution for the problem.. I have also experianced the same problem for the past one month. but today i have solved the problem..

The solution is, please update the firmware version of the router you are using for the Wi-Fi. we must be using the latest firmware version. I am in touch with the Motorola for the past 4 days and they have suggested me few things..

1. Check the wi-fi sleep policy of the mobile (advanced options in wi-fi settings), and change it to never,

2. Check connectivity with another router,

3. Check the firmware version of the router you are using, and update it to the latest version.

the third one work perfectly for me.

Thank you Motorola

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I have a Belkin N router and tried everything you listed above except number 2. My sleep policy was already set to "never" and my router's up to date (firmware version 4.00.05). I have a feeling it won't matter what router I use-I'll still continue to have issues. I also have connectivity issues with the 4g network as well. The only thing I'm wondering at this point is whether or not I can revert back to 2.3.4 since I don't think a resolution is in the near future. Any thoughts?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

So far this has been working for me.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

*changing dchp lease time

Scholar

• 

104 Messages

12 years ago

This fix won't work for me either, as I'm not using a router. There is a definite problem on the phone side whereby the phone stops sending and receving data. The H+ logo turns grey, and the arrows are no longer blue, but dark grey. Sometimes I have to reboot the phone to get it to begin transferring data again.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

@TheCelticHitman wrote:
I have a Belkin N router and tried everything you listed above except number 2. My sleep policy was already set to "never" and my router's up to date (firmware version 4.00.05). I have a feeling it won't matter what router I use-I'll still continue to have issues. I also have connectivity issues with the 4g network as well. The only thing I'm wondering at this point is whether or not I can revert back to 2.3.4 since I don't think a resolution is in the near future. Any thoughts?

Okay. I changed the DHCP time to '2days' from 'forever' and so far, so good. I've been connected via wifi for about 15 minutes now with no connectivity problems. This seems to be a band aid and no real, true solution. My question now is, will I have to punch in the security password every 2 days when I want to connect to this specific router now since the DCHP time is set to 2 days?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

@TheCelticHitman - I haven't had to do so; have been operating as normal for about 1-2 weeks now (since I changed from forever to 2 days).
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.