The Samsung Galaxy S24
ATRIXGUY's profile

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

Friday, February 17th, 2012 5:04 AM

Wifi issue after 2.3.6 update on Atrix 4G

My wifi keeps disconnecting after the new update any one else having this issue?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

Wait - hold the fort! I have a Belkin router and changed the DHCP lease time from forever to 2 days, which seemed to work. I also made sure that I was on N and not G or B or anything else. I actually have things stabilized. Maybe not the 'Rubbish 2.3.6' update, after all.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

Are there any other issues regarding the update?  I have not updated mine yet (wi-fi location not convenient for me and I hardly use it), however, if there are other issues, I would be hesitant in getting the update done.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Thx God ive no problems with wifi, but what happened with screen and colors after that stupid update. No bright colors, no clear yellow. Is it only at my phone???

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

Since the update I been having the same problem.  I also notice the data is graying is turning off and on.  I have done a factory reset, remove the battery and sim.  But still have the same problem.  I have tried two different routers from different locations and get the same response.  Hopefully Moto is listening and working on a fix.  I read this before with the Nexus when it got the update.  Thought the problem would be fix.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

I have a question about the factory reset option.  Doesn't this wipe all of your data away?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

yes

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I am also having this issue. This has never happened prior to updating to 2.3.6.

Because of using data without realizing I had been disconnected from my WiFi, I am now in danger of eclipsing my data limit. I'm starting to smell a conspiracy... =/

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Question for everyone. All of u having this issue, r u using a Belkin router to connect via wifi? Noticed i only have this problem with belkin router. Works fine on cisco router.

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

12 years ago

Yes I also have a belkin router but my phone never had an issue before the update staying connected.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Mine didnt either before the update. Looks like the update effected those with wifi networks using belkin routers.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.