For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Cheekitout's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, April 26th, 2019 6:08 PM

My AT&T wifi calling says "please try to set up wifi calling again later."

I have been unable to use my wifi calling since April 9th. Everytime i try to turn it on, it says, "please try to set up wifi calling again later." It was working fine the day before and months before that. Ive conducted a reset of all stored wifi connections and that didnt help. Does anyone know how i could fix this on my S8?

I have called AT&T 3 times for the same issue in the past 2/3 weeks and i received the same resolution. That they will contact advance tech and they will contact me within 24-48 hrs, but that never happens.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

ATT needs to be candor with the consumers. They attribute the lack of
features to the hardware phone, but in fact, is ATT that actually modified
the Android OS to make functional Wi-Fi Calling. One need to buy an ATT
modified phone in order to have the feature. I hope that in the future
Android OS come with the feature by default in any phone running the code.
This is a service from the carrier (or lack thereof) not phones'
limitations.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

ty

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

5 years ago

this should NOT be tagged as a SOLUTION

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

I agreed, the solution is pending ATT. Apple has a solution from ATT, Why not for Android? 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

My wifi calling worked fine with my Samsung S7 until about 1 week ago. Contacted AT&T 3 times and no help. My partner's ATT phone has always had issues but mine does now. What the heck?

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

5 years ago

still NOT WORKING

month later....

been promised SEVERAL call backs, spent MANY MANY hours on the phone, spent many dollars for service i can't use, and NO OFFER of refund....this is starting...no IS UNFAIR

where is the FIX, where is the FOLLOW UP

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Not working for me since about that time as well. Wound up getting new Sim cards, but that fixed nothing. 

This affects 3 phones :

Galaxy S7

Galaxy Note 8

Galaxy Note 9

We get no signal at the house, signal THERE stopped about 14 months or KPso calling over WiFi HAS to be an option.

They have one more week to get this fixed. Then I want it of my contract. 

Jenn

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

My guess is that the failure is on their end, as it seems to quit working at random and when it does quit, I can't enable call forwarding either.
My device is an unlocked Pixel 3a XL, and it worked on both Android Pie, and after the update, on Android 10.

I tried the SIM in a Nokia 6.1, but it doesn't even have Wifi calling listed as an option in the Nokia running the latest Android Pie. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Mine still randomly stops and/or I can’t hear the other person on the other end of the phone but they can hear me. WiFi calling needs to stabilize

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

5 years ago

Month 2....still not working on 2 of my 4 phones...no call backs or follow up from AT&T....so disappointed

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.