Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Dec 31, 2012
3:09:52 PM
View profile
Wi-Fi on Samsung Galaxy Note II keeps turning off.

Very strong strength for my home AT&T wireless internet.  I can connect, but it eventually disconnects (sometimes immediately) and it does not save the password, therefore it does not try to reconnect.  Very frustrating!  Do I have some type of setting set wrong??

Very strong strength for my home AT&T wireless internet.  I can connect, but it eventually disconnects (sometimes immediately) and it does not save the password, therefore it does not try to reconnect.  Very frustrating!  Do I have some type of setting set wrong??

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 5, 2013 9:47:31 AM
(0)
Tutor

I replaced my SIM card and haven't had the problem repeat itself!

Accepted Solution

Wi-Fi on Samsung Galaxy Note II keeps turning off.

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2013 8:44:05 AM
(0)
Tutor

Here's part of my post from another discussion thread....

"...Second issue was with the AT&T Smart W-Fi.  Everything was working fine other that dealing with the constant battle between this app and the core OS trying to connect my WiFi.  Then I started seeing an issue of the override issue causing my WiFi to turn off after I turned it on manually or turn it on after I had turned is off manually.  WHO IS TESTING THIS STUFF?!!?  Same fix as the other application, back off the update, Force Stop the application, stop any further udpates and disable the app.  Haven't had a problem with WiFi since."

Hope this helps.

Here's part of my post from another discussion thread....

"...Second issue was with the AT&T Smart W-Fi.  Everything was working fine other that dealing with the constant battle between this app and the core OS trying to connect my WiFi.  Then I started seeing an issue of the override issue causing my WiFi to turn off after I turned it on manually or turn it on after I had turned is off manually.  WHO IS TESTING THIS STUFF?!!?  Same fix as the other application, back off the update, Force Stop the application, stop any further udpates and disable the app.  Haven't had a problem with WiFi since."

Hope this helps.

Re: Wi-Fi on Samsung Galaxy Note II keeps turning off.

2 of 4 (6,716 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 5, 2013 9:47:31 AM
(0)
Tutor

3 of 4 (6,650 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2013 9:48:54 AM
(0)
Tutor
This was suggested by 2nd level support at AT&T. First level didn't know anything!!!!
This was suggested by 2nd level support at AT&T. First level didn't know anything!!!!

4 of 4 (6,648 Views)