For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
HateWiFiCalling's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, March 28th, 2018 5:09 AM

Wi-Fi calling notification from he[[

I don't want to use Wi-Fi calling, ever. I just downloaded an upgrade to my Samsung Galaxy 8, and it keeps notifying me that Wi-Fi calling is unavailable, needs set up, whatever. It keeps notifying me. Over and over. 

The only option anywhere is to set up Wi-Fi calling. Why would I EVER set up such a badly designed piece off garbage?

How do I stop it. There is no option in apps settings or in phone settings other than to set it up.

I don't want it. And I want it to stop notifying me to set it up and disturbing my ability to use Wi-Fi on my phone, without the phone interrupting me to set up Wi-Fi calling when I'm not making a phone call and NEVER want to make one on Wi-Fi. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@HateWiFiCalling wrote: 
If you can't provide a solution that works then you're useless in this thread. None of your suggestions work so stop with solutions that require *fingers crossed* and aren't proven... you need to test your solutions before you suggest them to others because frankly, you're wasting everyone's time...

No one else seems to be having this unique problem. Which makes it hard to test it. Besides that, we don't work for AT&T so we don't test for you. Our phones aren't having this problem, so how would we test?

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

6 years ago

The only way to stop the notifications is to activate wifi calling. If you are unwilling to activate the wifi calling, you will continue to get the notices. You will not use wifi calling unless you are in an area that open wifi or you are connected to private wifi. You can also disable wifi so that you will not use wifi calling. The choice is up to you.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Lizdance40 was right! It's under settings, notifications, advanced, 3 dots, show system apps, go to wi-fi calling, tap wi-fi calling under categories, then set importance to low (no sound or visual interruption).

So glad to get rid of that annoying notification! Thanks @lizdance40!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.