For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
HateWiFiCalling's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, March 28th, 2018 5:09 AM

Wi-Fi calling notification from he[[

I don't want to use Wi-Fi calling, ever. I just downloaded an upgrade to my Samsung Galaxy 8, and it keeps notifying me that Wi-Fi calling is unavailable, needs set up, whatever. It keeps notifying me. Over and over. 

The only option anywhere is to set up Wi-Fi calling. Why would I EVER set up such a badly designed piece off garbage?

How do I stop it. There is no option in apps settings or in phone settings other than to set it up.

I don't want it. And I want it to stop notifying me to set it up and disturbing my ability to use Wi-Fi on my phone, without the phone interrupting me to set up Wi-Fi calling when I'm not making a phone call and NEVER want to make one on Wi-Fi. 

Scholar

• 

313 Messages

6 years ago

Set it up, then turn it off. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@HateWiFiCalling

Btw, for those without ATT coverage at home, it works very well and is not garbage.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

How can I do a negative kudos for you using my post as an ad?

I live in an area without Wi-Fi coverage, even my cell coverage requires special boosting.

Please don't try to boost your rating by adding a fake answer to my question.

This Samsung update is totally annoying without you adding to it.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Will that work?

Now I'm getting YouTube notifications, even though they're blocked.

I'll try it.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Nope. Doesn't work.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@HateWiFiCalling wrote:

How can I do a negative kudos for you using my post as an ad?

I live in an area without Wi-Fi coverage, even my cell coverage requires special boosting.

Please don't try to boost your rating by adding a fake answer to my question.

This Samsung update is totally annoying without you adding to it.

What the.....    Why?   To sell WHAT?   It’s free.  

Just because it’s no benefit to you, does not make it garbage.

There is no “rating” to boost and the answer is not fake.  The community has no ranking or points.

No one is expecting phones to pick up Wifi connection on the road. The expectation is it provides connection at home, where most people have some kind of internet service.  

It replaced the microcell, which was NOT free.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@HateWiFiCalling wrote:

Nope. Doesn't work.

It’s not possible to enable Wifi calling without Wifi.  You may find a public Wifi access at a restaurant or other store, and use it.  If you never have Wifi available, turn off Wifi.  That will hopefully  stop notices for any Wifi type notices.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

No, it didn't work.  But thanks for suggesting it.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

Okay, try this...

settings, notifications, advanced (top right), (more dots) show system apps, Wifi calling, turn off.

fingers crossed.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I don't care if it's free, [...]? WE DON'T WANT WIFI CALLING NOTIFICATIONS GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD EVEN IF IT'S FREE. If you can't provide a solution that works then you're useless in this thread. None of your suggestions work so stop with solutions that require *fingers crossed* and aren't proven... you need to test your solutions before you suggest them to others because frankly, you're wasting everyone's time... I also hate this wi-fi calling notification every time I connect to a wi-fi network. Every time I get annoyed by this notification the more and more I am less likely to use the feature but instead am building a negative association with it. Please AT&T.... allow us to disable this notification... 

[Inappropriate content removed]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.