Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Why is this not covered under warranty?

Contributor

Why is this not covered under warranty?

I was told the problem is that the LCD was bleeding out. So according to the AT&T Store I bought my phone at, this is an issue that is covered under warranty. Then I was told that it is not covered under warranty because of physical damage. There is virtually zero physical damage to my 3 week old Galaxy Note 5. At the Warranty center they had me file an insurance claim. I did that because I need a phone, but now I'm being charged a $100 deductable to replace a defective phone that is 3 weeks old.

So as the title says, why is this not covered under warranty?

This is what it looked like yesterday:

This is what it looks like today:

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Sage

Re: Why is this not covered under warranty?

Do a little research on how this is caused so you have enough information to back your case.

I assume you have taken good care, did not drop, change the screen, or anything that would cause the problem.

Once you have your ducks in a row, you can either go back at ATT or go to Samsung directly.

You can contact Samsung through a local Best Buy, they have a Samsung desk and have helped me in the past.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Why is this not covered under warranty?

contact samsung directly.  That is a glue problem under the screen

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support