For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
cmorrell23's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, November 3rd, 2013 1:48 PM

Why is my 4g Icon still displayed in the top bar?

No matter what I am using (data or wireless) the 4g icon is still displayed, even if I turn off my mobile connection. Also, I can not use my data network. I have no idea how to fix this issue. I have a new HTC One.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Can anyone help me? I can't use my data network, so unless I am on wireless, I can't access the internet.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello cmorrell23,

When did it start experiencing those issues? Have you tried power cycling your device? Do you have this phone listed on your account?

Dmitriy

Professor

• 

3K Messages

10 years ago

Have you had this issue since getting the new phone (data network has never worked on this device)?

If so, AT&T might have incorrectly provisioned your account (LTE needs to be activated on your account, if it wasn't on your old device), or some other mistake on your account when they upgraded your device.

Also, its possible that the proper APN is not setup correctly on the phone.  Its usually setup correctly out of the box.  But I've seen instances where by some glitch its missing.

Either issue should be easily resolved by visiting the AT&T store where you got the device.  Or calling customer service may work also.  But going to a store is probably easier (since they can get hands on your device, instead of having to walk you through the steps over the phone).

Professor

• 

3K Messages

10 years ago

Also, if you are not connected to a data network, the 4G icon will sometimes appear just to alert you that a network is present, but you are not connected to it.

But this seems to be a minor issue compared to not having mobile data.

If the mobile data is still being used when a WiFi network is connected, that is another issue.  But we don't know yet if that is that is the case (let's get the mobile network working first).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.