The Samsung Galaxy S24
wetbar's profile

Curator

• 

12 Messages

Tuesday, July 15th, 2014 9:37 PM

Why is at&t charging me shipping for shipping me a bad phone?

So I have a warranty claim and att send me a new phone.  works for about 2 weeks and craps out.

At&T charged me shipping again for a phone they shipped that didnt work.  How is it my fault att ship me a bad phone? 

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, wetbar!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear the phone you received isn't working properly. We would be happy to look into this for you, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Curator

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

Hello, I still do not have an explanation of why it is my fault you shipped me a bad device!

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

10 years ago

Did you contact Mariana as requested above?

Curator

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

Yes I did

Curator

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

Hello, I still do not have an explanation of why it is my fault you shipped me a bad device!

Scholar

• 

85 Messages

10 years ago

@wetbar wrote:

You're suggesting that AT&T shipped you a device knowing it was a bad device.... And that is beyond silly.

Fact is, and from your own version of events, the device did work for two weeks... So how are we to establish that you did not do anything to screw it up. And in that case, why should AT&T continue to pick up the cost of shipping for devices that you either do not know how to use or are intentionally damaging?

I hope this helps answer your question!

Curator

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

I dont care if you knew it was bad or not! does the phone not have a warranty?  

I just want to make sure I am clear.  So your are saying it is my fault the phone stopped working within 2 weeks?  I would love to hear what I did to the phone to make it stop working.  . .. Or is the fact, you dont care what happen to the phone it is always the customers fault?  

Once again I want to make sure of the facts:  So when you ship a phone what warranty comes with that?

I'm not being a je@rk or tring to get something for nothing.  I feel, your customers and everyone should know the kind of customer service you provide. 

Curator

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

What is it going to take to get this solve, a compliant to the FCC?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

its a peer to peer forum your not going to get a offical response here

Scholar

• 

85 Messages

10 years ago

wetbar wrote:

does the phone not have a warranty?

There is not a warranty in the entire retail world that will cover shiping charges for a return or an exchange. Amazon, for example and possibly the largest online retailer that ever existed, with its business requiring shipping in most instances (except with digital orders) will charge you, the buyer for return shipping even if the item was "not as described", or if it somehow did not meet your criteria, and you can rest assured they will charge you shipping to return a phone you had AND used for 2 weeks!

*** You apparently had some sort of issue with a phone, AT&T deicided to ship you another one and charged you a shipping fee for delivering it to you, you received that phone, and used it for 2 weeks and had no issue whatsoever with the shipping fee, something happens to the phone and now you are complaining about having paid a shipping fee that you had presumably agreed to! You are not complaining about the phone breaking, you are not complaining about having to order a replacement, and you are not complaining about possibly having to pay an additional shiping fee... No! you are complaining about a fee that you paid TWO WEEKS AGO!

here is atip for you... If the phone that you now have no longer works, and to avoid this whole big commotion about a shipping charge again, get off your duff and go to an AT&T Device Support Center and deal with your issue that way. I don't know if they offer exchanges there, but then again, I do not know if you qualify for an exchange!

wetbar wrote:

So your are saying it is my fault the phone stopped working within 2 weeks?

Its possible...

wetbar wrote:

I would love to hear what I did to the phone to make it stop working.  . ..

I bet you AT&T is wondering that same exact thing! ***

wetbar wrote:

Or is the fact, you dont care what happen to the phone it is always the customers fault?  

I am not speaking on behalf of AT&T... But I should remind you that a warranty only covers defects... And potentially, it is possible for you to have screwed up the phone somehow! In which case, yes, it would be your fault. But again, that is besides the point. The phone breaking had nothing to do with AT&T charging you for shipping!

wetbar wrote: 

So when you ship a phone what warranty comes with that?

It sounds as if you still have the phone.... It should have a warranty card with it. Read it! But again, rest assured you willl not find anything obliging AT&T to pay for shipping! Or worse yet, anything obliging them to refund you a shipping fee thgat you paid two weeks ago... Even if it was a warranty issue, you are still responsible for shipping!

wetbar wrote:
I'm not being a je@rk or tring to get something for nothing.

*** As for trying to get something for nothing, actually, you are... You are trying to get shipping for nothinig i.e. "free"!

wetbar wrote:

I feel, your customers and everyone should know the kind of customer service you provide.

And I think AT&T feels its customers should know some of its other customers feel that their whining about the same pointless issue is going to affect its business. All while you should note that you were asked to private message an AT&T rep, I don't know what transpired there ***, and yet AT&T is going about its business as usual... They did what they can for you, and they are done!

For your information, and since it appears this response of yours was directed to my post above, I don't work for AT&T. And my answers come from one of those customers you are trying to imply would side with you on this issue. Fact is, and as I suggested above, do your research, and you'll find that you are obligated to ship the item back, even if it is under warranty.

==========================================

wetbar wrote:

What is it going to take to get this solve, a compliant to the FCC?

And as for your complaint, I would venture a guess that the FCC would not touch your complaint with a 10 foot pole.... Well, they'll thank you for contacting them, tell you they'll investigate, and then send you a form letter saying they found no violations. because there do not appear to be any violations. Unless you expect AT&T to have a psychic predict how long a phone is going to work for so that they can decide whether they should charge shipping or not!

The issue you seem to complain about would fall under the jurisdiction of the FTC... Not the FCC (as in the Federal Trade Commission not the Federal Communications Commission)... Or you cxan complain to your State's department of consumer affairs... But even then, you have no basis for lodging a complaint, you have nothing to complain about. You see, when you set yourself up for expectartions that are not warranted, or some false preconceived idea that is not likely to materialize, you are bound to get disappointed, and in this case, your disappointment was self inflicted!

I hope all this will help you put things in proper perspective so you can get over this problem. If not, I still know I tried to help, and for no other reason than simply wanting to help!

Good luck!

{keep it courteous}

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.