For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
kevind833's profile

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

Wednesday, April 22nd, 2015 2:59 AM

Why does ATT tweak Lollipop look n' feel?

CNet.com reviewed 23 new Lollipop features. Many of them are not exactly seen on my LG G2 after the update. Specifically one called the Quick Settings menu.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

You can thank LG for that. Even samsung changed the way stock lollipop works. I have a g2 I'm the house but it's running aosp lollipop.

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

9 years ago

Oh boy, between LG and ATT. I don't know where to direct my frustration to the most. This update process needs to be reevaluated. Seems like many customers are ticked over this just as I am.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

I have a galaxy s5 active and since the update I get notifications on my lockscreen and can't shut them off! I hate it! Does anyone know how to go back to a previous android version? Stupid updates.

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

9 years ago

You won't believe it. But on the LG G2, I have to go to Settings > Sound > Lock Screen > Show/Hide Notifications

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

9 years ago

@Starlage240 wrote:

I have a galaxy s5 active and since the update I get notifications on my lockscreen and can't shut them off! I hate it! Does anyone know how to go back to a previous android version? Stupid updates.

There's a tutorial in the S5 forum at Android Central that gives instructions on reverting from Lollipop back to KitKat.  However, that's only a temporary fix as, sooner or later, unless you stay away from WiFi, the Lollipop udate will install itself. 

Have you changed your settings?  Go to "Settings" > "Sounds and notifications" > "While locked," and then select "Do not show notifications."  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.