Why do I have ads in my AT&T Galaxy S2 text window?

Contributor

Why do I have ads in my AT&T Galaxy S2 text window?

Sorry if this is a retread topic; I searched the boards a bit but I couldn't find anything relating to my issue. Perhaps I'm not using the right search keywords?

Anyway, I've got a box-stock AT&T Galaxy S2, and when I go into a text window to either read or write a text, I get an annoying ad in a bar running across the top of the screen. It could be Geico, it could be Lumber Liquidators, it could be whatever...doesn't matter what they're peddling because it's all annoying. It reduces my viewing area on the screen, and if my text is long enough it will actually block the [send] button.

So...first off, why is it there and secondly, how do I get rid of it? I don't want to mess with my OS, or 'root' my phone or any of that nonsense. I just want ot use my phone the way one would expect to be able to without all this clutter.

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Rob.

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Re: Why do I have ads in my AT&T Galaxy S2 text window?

What app are you using for messaging? If it's not "messaging" then that's probably why. The base messaging app does not have ads.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support