Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Impacted by the government shutdown? AT&T can help.  Learn more

Why cant i unlock the 2 lg phoenix 3 phones i got off amazon

Contributor

Why cant i unlock the 2 lg phoenix 3 phones i got off amazon

I purchased 2 lg phoenix 3 phones off amazon for my little brother and sister in Africa and when i received the devices that were supposed to be unlocked, they were still locked. I tried having them unlocked online and got the message: 

We can't unlock this device because it hasn't been active for at least six months of paid service.

Request number NUL914538783846

The thing is we dont have ATT here and i have never been a client of yours. Can someone please help
Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Why cant i unlock the 2 lg phoenix 3 phones i got off amazon

@Pat123

Yeah send them back your not getting ATT to unlock them.  Prepaid devices require 6 months of continued use before they will unlock them.  The phones are sold under cost so ATT has those rules to get their money back.  Other carriers its 12 months.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Sage

Re: Why cant i unlock the 2 lg phoenix 3 phones i got off amazon

@Pat123

Also, the cheap androids sold by US carriers have limited hardware.  The 3g bands are often US only.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support