For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
kitkat2019's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, February 4th, 2019 11:27 AM

Why can't I unlock the $800 phone I own

I OWN my phone. Why is AT&T hijacking it like I didn't pay them $800 for it? I'm traveling abroad, I want to install a local Sim card. I can't use the unlock website because it erroneously states I don't own the phone. I'm sooooo frustrated. I can't call because of a lack of service.  611 doesn't work.  No customer service email. Just cyberbots and a forum. So many customers have the same complaint and what is AT&T doing???  NOTHING!!!  Why wouldn't they update my records when the phone was paid off months ago.  I have paid AT&T tooooooo much money for both the phone and years of service for this level of foolishness.  I can't wait to get back to the US and switch.  I'm out of the country for 6 weeks.  I hate what AT&T is doing and the poor way they are handling a customer's ability to unlock a freaking $800 phone that the customer owns and paid them for. THIS REALLY STINKS!!!!!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

5 years ago

Well planning ahead might have been a good idea.  

What denial are you getting?  

IMEI not an ATT phone?  If it was purchased at a retailer, the IMEi is probably not in the system.  

Phone not paid off?    When did you pay it off?   The billing system may not have updated the unlock portal.  

With your At&t service you can call toll free  

+1.314.925.6925   For postpaid

+1.408.962.1025  Prepaid

You may have to call from another phone and ask for a call back.  

The computer doesn’t know anything other than phones get locked and boxes have to be checked to unlock.  Full price purchases can get an exception and unlocked despite the prepaid 6 month subsidy lock.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for replying but i'm not sure if you are trying to ridicule me or help. None of what you said was useful. You are not talking to a child. My point stands and this should not be as hard as it as. That's my issue. AT&T is screwing with us customers over this issue. It's a problem and they need to fix it. With cheerleaders like you who gladly give them your money with no requirements for quality service means they will continue with this poor behavior.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.