The Samsung Galaxy S24
Michi1's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, December 7th, 2017 5:20 AM

Why Android over Iphone?

Just wanted to get everyones opinion on why u are a droid user vs. Iphone? What are specific features u love or even hate about one or the other, that is why u stay? Has anyone flipped from one battle side to the other, and if so, would u ever go back more importantly?

Thanks

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Just wanted to get everyones opinion on why u are a droid user vs. Iphone or vice versa? What are specific features u love or even hate about one or the other, that is why u stay, and what type is ur iphone? Has anyone flipped from one battle side to the other, and if so, would u ever go back more importantly?

Thanks

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@Michi1 wrote:

Just wanted to get everyones opinion on why u are a droid user vs. Iphone or vice versa? What are specific features u love or even hate about one or the other, that is why u stay, and what type is ur iphone? Has anyone flipped from one battle side to the other, and if so, would u ever go back more importantly?

Thanks

@Michi1

why post the same question twice...  I ask for the 2 to be merged...

Former Employee

• 

17 Messages

6 years ago

I am an android user now and going forward because I bought my first iPhone back when they first came out. I paid $649 for the 8gb and it was IOS 1.4 with no app store. I used it and it was a cool novelty. Ios 2.0 came out and we got our first app store approved by Apple (not cydia). Spent a lot of time downloading apps and used it until iPhone 3g came out. which was faster and was all the buzz but really did exactly what the first one did. At some point, the iPhones did supportMMSs which was native on things such as flip phones. Then there was the iPhone 4g which I did have and it was cool but still did pretty much the same thing. The UI was an eyesore because of the panel layout of apps.  my first android was an HTC which was customized by htc with their interface and eventually I moved to Samsung.  At some point, the iPhone became a status symbol more than anything else. I greatly enjoy the ability to customize my phone to do whatever I need it to do.  All I have ever needed to do when I get a new phone is sign in to my google account and all of my stuff is on the new device. Overall Android devices are much easier for me to use. I admit and acknowledge that everyone's experience is different but this is where I stand.  

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

A phone is a phone is my new saying.....  Well sorta....  I hate this iPhone 8+ but the thing keeping me using it right now is the apple watch that is connected to it..  Give me a wearable like the apple watch on android and I would be on cloud 9...  Android wear 2.0 is just meh and samsung tizen for the gear series is just meh to...

If I would have had to pay for the iphone and watch I would not have done it...  It was sent to me to test some things and I got to keep it when done.  This last year I have used a pixel xl, essential phone, s8+, note 8, G6, V30, 1+5 and a few others... 

Android vs apple is subjective at the end of the day...  As long as a phone can make calls, text and surf the web....  There are some new budget phones that are android based that are going to change the market...  Honor has one and moto does also....  The honor 7x for 199.99 is a powerful device they just left off some newer things like NFC and USB C 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Because if you look closer, one is posted in Android forum, where most android/non iphone users would go, and other I posted in Iphone forum, where most Android user would not visit.....wanted each's opinion, so not posted twice in same area, but yes posted twice in two different areas to reach 2 completely different audiences....

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

Yeah, they don’t let you do that.  So moved them together 

I had iPod Touch while still using my basic phone.  It was a hand-me-down from one of my kids.

My first smartphone was a Samsung. I liked being able to customize the screens for maximum efficiency.   That was pretty much the end of iPhone for me.  I’ve had several androids since and several manufacturers.  iPhones have their good points. Good camera, universal acceptability between carriers and the best warranty support.  But each year it’s the same phone.  The last change was when they went big screen, so 4 years, same look.  Yawn.  

Im using a Samsung as I need Wifi calling, but my second phone is a oneplus 5t.  

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

Yeah, they don’t let you do that.  So moved them together 

I had iPod Touch while still using my basic phone.  It was a hand-me-down from one of my kids.

My first smartphone was a Samsung. I liked being able to customize the screens for maximum efficiency.   That was pretty much the end of iPhone for me.  I’ve had several androids since and several manufacturers.  iPhones have their good points. Good camera, universal acceptability between carriers and the best warranty support.  But each year it’s the same phone.  The last change was when they went big screen, so 4 years, same look.  Yawn.  

Im using a Samsung as I need Wifi calling, but my second phone is a oneplus 5t.  

@lizdance40

you have to admit apple went bold with the iphone x....  no home button and no on screen buttons....  just gesture control like the old Palm Pre days...  I loved that phone.  To bad Palm went belly up.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76   I haven’t been into look at phones in months, hard for me to believe either 😂, the Mobile section in Best Buy is like crack for me.   I don’t usually go to the Apple section, but I’ll be curious and take a look.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.