For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
CAVoter's profile

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, January 9th, 2017 10:28 PM

Which AT&T bloatware apps can be safely deleted on Maven z812 Lollipop Android 5.1 ?

I need to free more internal memory on my ZTE z812 Maven running Lollipop Android 5.1.

Can I delete any of the preinstalled apps (e.g. Amazon, AT&T Drive mode, AT&T Navigator, Games, etc) to free up internal memory? I am guessing that even if the answer is 'yes', I have to disable the apps first or use some 3rd party app or workaround. I am only low intermediate tech savvy, so if rooting my phone etc is necessary, I'm probably not going to be able to attempt that safely.

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

From what I understand, it won't help a bit.  The internal storage is partitioned and the part designated for system apps can't be changed or used by you.

it like having 2 rooms, one you can use.  No matter how empty the one room is, you can't move the wall or move in.  You can install an SD card and save photos and music to that.

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

[Face palm]

Seriously? Even stupid Amazon Kindle?

I have a 16GB SD card working (with 10GB available) for photos, vids, backups, and apps that can be "moved" there. But I'm suddenly down to 390MB avail on internal memory, and I've cleared app caches, downloads and rebooted.

Is there a way to download apps straight to the SD card?

There's do much bloatware that I never use. 😞

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

BTW, do you know if I can update this phone (Z812 with AT&T) OTA from Lollipop 5.1 to Marshmallow? With only 390MB available internally, even if the update is available/compatible, I'm concerned that it would fail mid-update (mid-download) due to lack of internal memory space, and then I'd be really stuck.

Anyone know if 6.0 is compatible with the factory setup phone (i.e. I haven't rooted or unlocked it & I wouldn't know how to)?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

Your phone is not upgradeable to MM OS.  5.1 is the most current upgrade.

The Maven with 8 gigs internal isn't really for the storage driven user.  Even 16 gigs isn't enough, but at least usable.  Minimum internal should be 32 gigs.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have a maven 2 running 6.0.1 Android, can't save any apps to SD, can't remove any bloatware, and the phone is locked, why it is a prepaid phone with only 8 gig who in there right mind would even steal it or try to hack a 8 gig that is useless nowadays, I was told by Loraine that it was 16 gig, so imagine my surprise, when I found out after I got it it was only 8 gig, anyway how do I remove the crap, so I can use the space?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.