The Samsung Galaxy S24
JFizDaWiz's profile

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

Thursday, June 28th, 2012 3:46 AM

Where is Jelly Bean 4.1 for my Skyrocket

Don't even bother wasting time on ICS, I've had this phone for 8 months on launch day and I'm not even running the latest and greatest Android version. Att and Samsung need to wake up and give me what I paid for.

I should call the FCC about this

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

11 years ago

I just switched from GS2 Skyrocket to GS3. It was frustrating waiting on the updates. I finally got it but it was underwhelming. I decided I wouldn't worry about all these udates anymore. I will buy a phone only if I'm satisfied with the current software. ICS is good for almost everything, so when I got the S3, the sales guy said I would get jelly bean soon and I laughed. If they update it, fine, if not I'm satisfied with ICS. Just a note, I tried a program called Nova launcher Prime and was able to get rid of most of the touch wiz crap and let's you customize everything. It even has the updated jelly bean icons..Not an update but not bad.

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

11 years ago

SkyRocket is not getting Jellybean according Samsung's page, but it might not be updated

These is the list from Samsung's page

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00050212&fm_seq=55187

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

11 years ago

There are ways of getting JellyBean on your SkyRocket.  CyanogenMod 10 is currently building nightlies for it.  Unfortunately, you have to do things which will void your warranty. But I can personally attest to how smooth and fast JellyBean is on the SkyRocket.  I suggest you find the Skyrocket forums at xda-developers.com to learn more.  If you've not heard of xda-developers, this will be overhwelming at first and "newbs" are often shunned, so in this case be patient and/or find someone who can help show you the ropes.

Guru

• 

725 Messages

11 years ago

CM10 on Qualcomm-based devices is very well supported at this point.

I was previously not a fan of Qualcomm-based units due to their lack of support in the past, but in 2012 Qualcomm has REALLY stepped up their game in terms of opensource community relations in terms of providing excellent reference source at CodeAurora.  Thanks to CAF, Qualcomm-based Samsungs are currently VERY well supported in CM10.

--------------
CyanogenMod 9/10 device co-maintainer for:
SGH-I777 (AT&T Galaxy S2)
GT-N7000 (International Galaxy Note)
GT-N8013 (Galaxy Note 10.1 Wifi)

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

11 years ago

Entropy512, I just read your signature.... Thanks so much for your efforts and contributions!

Scholar

• 

114 Messages

11 years ago

Since neither the Samsung Galaxy S2 (i777) or Skyrocket are getting Jelly bean per the Samsung website for ATT.  The only way to get it is to use google and find it, and follow the instructions.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Yeah the heck with 4.1 lets get 4.2 and then lets get rid of all the stupid AT&T apps that come with it " cause they are all STUPID" OK sorry for ranting. AT&T "Rethink Possible"

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I updated my Skyrocket last week to ICS, was a HUGE MISTAKE.

I should have stayed on Ginerbread.

ICS SUCKS!!!!

My perfectly stable phone now reboots automatically, goes dead sometimes even though the battery is FULL and then I need to remove the battery if I have to re-start my phone.

Horrible release from ATT.

Please rectify the bugs or atleast provide a way to downgrade back to the GINGERBREAD.

Regards,

Navneet

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I just received a message from AT&T telling me that an update for the Skyrocket is available.  It is Jelly Bean....

Scholar

• 

400 Messages

11 years ago

Yes 4.1.2 for Skyrocket is out via Kies to update.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.