The Samsung Galaxy S24
RaptorOO7's profile

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

Saturday, April 19th, 2014 2:11 PM

When will the Galaxy S5 32GB be available?

It's a pretty simple question, when will  AT&T offer the Galaxy S5 32GB?  I know last year the Galaxy S4 32GB came out about 17-20 days after the Galaxy S4 16GB launched, but last year the price for a 32GB Galaxy S4 was announced and so far this year nothing.

For those who feel 16GB is sufficient, that's great.  For those who feel having a 128GB microSD card slot is sufficient, also great.  But what you cannot do is move app/app data to the microSD card so for those who want and in fact must have a 32GB device (actually about 23-25GB of usable space compared to 10.7GB of usable space) it's a necessity.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

10 years ago

Verizon has no 32GB Galaxy S5 available, yet.  White or otherwise. No US carrier has anything except the 16 GB and that puts the blame on Samsung--announcing the 32, but hustling their customers and refusing to provide any answers.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

10 years ago

I think you're right about Samsung not wanting to impact 16GB sales--but, why should the 32 have ANY impact except to include many of us who will not purchase a 16GB device?  The cost differential will naturally separate those who demand each level of memory capacity.  Doesn't make any marketing sense whatsoever.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

10 years ago

I agree completely but Samsung is a total mystery as to their logic.  They launched in 150 countries at the same time, so for them a 32GB may not be a priority to mfg and ship while they meet initial demands.  There was also the fire at one of their mfg plants that makes the GS5 which didn't help matters.

Still they announced it was a storage option and they don't bother to offer it for sales in any markets that I can find.  I looked at overseas locatoins and carrier websites in UK, Ireland, and elsewhere with nothing mentioned.  I mean HTC M8 is sold at a 16GB device in Ireleand can you imagine.

One thing I have noticed is no one from AT&T actually seems interested in posting here and trying to help, which I find odd.  Their store employees are very helpful and even agree the lack of a 32GB S5 is an issue.  They do sell what the customer asks for but if the 32GB available customers would be ASKING for it.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hey guys how's it going? I just spoke to a chat support person from Samsung and they had this to say.In the questionnare prior to this it was made clear that I was an AT&T customer. Can't wait!GS5 News.jpg

1 Attachment

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

10 years ago

TMO doesn't offer one yet, either. I've checked online and with a corporate store. No dice. NO US CELL PROVIDER has the 32GB available, yet. Anyone says otherwise, ask for the URL where it can be found. I can get them from China for $500 but not sure what they will actually ship to me.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

10 years ago

Hope you're right.  Not sure where you are getting that information or if it is verifiable.  Last year the price was posted for the 32GB S4 before it appeared....unlike now.  No price for the 32GB S5.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

10 years ago

I'd like to be notified whenever AT&T does start selling the 32GB S5.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

10 years ago

I advise patience--you will regret going back to Verizon.  AT&T will either carry the 32GB S5 soon, or it may introduce the higher-end phone mentioned in the blogs.  Another similar model is mentioned by Samsung in benchmarking data to the FCC.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

10 years ago

I am aware of the rumored S5 Prime or whatever it may be called, but we have no guarantee's that will make it to the US or that US carriers want another iteration of the same device with a minor changes.  Yes QHD display, 3GB or RAM vs 2GB and .1" bigger screen but TBH you really can't say youi will notice the difference on a 1080p vs QHD display on a 5" screen because we won't.  Plus battery life is a real issue and we don't know what that will be like.  I hope Samsung makes the GN4 with 4GB of RAM and bumps the GS6 to 3GB of RAM next year to help with performance.

That said I prefer not to return to Verizon on a permenant basis so I am on a pre-paid option until AT&T gets off their duff and offers the phone I actually want and will pay for on their network.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

10 years ago

Did live chat with Samsung last night. Confirmed 32GB will be available on AT&T at some point. No release date provided, but soon.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.