The Samsung Galaxy S24
ParkBomm's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, April 9th, 2015 3:17 AM

When will the G900A Lollipop update become avaliable on Kies?

Waiting for it since I'm on a different network, in which I can't update via OTA.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

it wont.  I have not see an image of 4.4.4 on kies yet.  Att is doing everything over FOTA to ensure the IMEI is right from the sound of it.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

How else can I update then? 😕

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

Find so!some on att and use there Sim card

Mentor

• 

67 Messages

9 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:
Find so!some on att and use there Sim card

I hope you don't need an AT&T Sim card installed to update the phone. From what I've been told by technical support, that as long as you are connected to wireless your phone should update. I had shifted my Sim card to the galaxy S6 edge just before the AT&T update occurred for my older Galaxy S5. I was reassured on several calls by technical support that, even though my old Sim card on the Galaxy S5 would be dead it would not preclude an update to lollipop through wireless.
Unfortunately my S5 has always updated a little later in the update cycle and I am keeping my fingers crossed that you were wrong and the AT&T technical support (three separate calls) were correct. To date, my G5 is telling me to check in the next 20 X hours.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@Snakeyeskm

but your phone has an ATT sim card still in it even tho its not active and the phone is still connecting to the ATT network for e911.  So tech support is right you should get the update.  People that wont get the update are in other countries from my understanding.  Or people without an ATT sim thats either active or that was once active.

Mentor

• 

67 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks for clearing that up. I continue to see why the "ace" is fully deserved.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.