The Samsung Galaxy S24
pg421s's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, January 28th, 2014 2:43 PM

When will LG optimus G e970 get Kitkat update???

We know that many sites are telling that Optimus G will get kitkat nearly and we dint got any confirmation from AT&T about the same...

If AT&T requests LG to bring kitkat, LG will, Just AT&T should go forward.

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi pg421s,

The Optimus G should get the update, it has been rolled out in other countries, but there hasn't been an official announcement from AT&T. The updates are staggered due to the amount of different hardware between the international models and other carrier models in the US.

The e970 is pretty similar to the Nexus 4 (the e980). Keep checking back!

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

This is unfortunately not the case logo412. The LG Optimus G has not received an LG-approved upgrade for KitKat (4.4) anywhere. It was a (false) post from LG Estonia's Facebook page that turned out to be a separate upgrade not associated with Android versioning. It's a shame AT&T employees don't have their facts straight, offering false hopes to paying customers. 

pg421s, the LGOG is a powerful device ahead of its time, even on the first gen version of Android Jelly Bean (4.1), but LG is notorious for lackluster updates (they might believe "why upgrade an old device so users hold onto it longer instead of buying the latest and greatest, sending more money to Korean-based LG?")

That being said, LG has recently established itself as a strong competitor in the smartphone marketplace so the poor upgrading services for 1-2+yr old devices may change. I'd recommend keeping an eye on potential future updates being announced at Mobile World Congress held Feb. 24 - 27. 

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

10 years ago

frequent updates only mean to me that they are having trouble getting it right.  my LG doesnt seem to need an update, in fact I wish I could back-date it to how it was when I bought it!

but it is functional and lightening fast like always, altho I dont get online with it as often as I used to.

gosh ive only had it for half a year now.

it seems updates often cause more problems than they fix, I say, if it aint broke, please dont fix it !

of course I do not know or care what kit kat has to bring me, unless it is chocolate and crunch!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

First of all, LOL for your answer " It's a shame AT&T employees don't have their facts straight, offering false hopes to paying customers"...
Thanks for the correct update, Will have faith on LG and wait till we will get kitkat/not 🙂

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

10 years ago

There are now numerous reports, including XDA, reporting that we are as close as one month away from getting Kit Kat. Hopefully these predictions are correct.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

OK, so LG HAS confirmed the update is pending:

http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_optimus_g_will_get_android_kitkat_in_summer-news-8140.php

It says the update is coming in summer.  Can we get some type of date for the release from AT&T?

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

They take your hard earned money, lock you down for 2 years and go back on their way to find more of your kind to sell them new phones instead of supporting the existing one.  😞

I am very disappointed and angry with LG and AT&T both. Will definitely try to stay away from them in future. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Hi TMoneyman,

You are absolutely right, Today we have a news on GSMarena website that Korean LG optimus G are running Kitkat already now...

http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_optimus_g_gets_kitkat_in_korea_rest_of_the_world_holds_breath-news-8516.php

Its time for AT&T to release OTA Kitkat update soon...

Hi dear AT&T,

Please let us know when we can hold in our hand ATT LG optimus G with Kitkat ???

Its time for AT&T to confirm release date...

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Hi Sagar,

Dont blame LG / AT&T, They both are trying to give updates to LG OG...

As Kitkat is now running on Korean LG OG:

Proof- Korean website with Screen shots.

http://www.bodnara.co.kr/bbs/article.html?D=7&cate=24&d_category=8&num=107975.

Its now AT&T turn to answer the release date to its valued customers 🙂

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.