When is Jelly Bean update for Optimus G?

When is Jelly Bean update for Optimus G?

Any idea when to expect it for west coast?

Message 1 of 179 (28,455 Views)

Re: When is Jelly Bean update for Optimus G?

It is frustrating that there is still no Jellie Bean for the Optimus G. 

For all of you Nexus 4 owners, remember 2 more things besides the lack of LTE...

NO SD CARD.  My Optimus G has 48 GB.  How much does the Nexus have 8 GB, or 16 GB if you are lucky?

Also, oh yeah YOU CANT BUY ONE!  THEY ONLY MADE 400,000 OF THEM AND THEY WERE NEVER IN STOCK... 

Anyway, I have 4.2.2 on my Nexus 7 it is fantastic.  And it is stupid that the Optimus G software iscompletely outdated. 

Message 16 of 179 (24,679 Views)
Scholar

You couldn't buy one but now you can. And who needs that much storage and for what to carry songs and movies you will never listen to
Message 17 of 179 (24,676 Views)
Contributor

The successor to the Optimus G will be available before this update will. No one wants AT&T bloatware, release the update already!!

Message 18 of 179 (23,823 Views)
Voyager

Sprint users are getting the update.......
Message 19 of 179 (23,644 Views)

Sprint also has released the Jelly Bean update for their Optimus G. Man Sad

AT&T, you are killing this great device by not supporting it. Man Mad

Message 20 of 179 (22,080 Views)

Dear AT&T, I have been a customer for over 4 years now. The service has been good and I'd be happy to recommend you to friends and family (many of whom are on Verizon), except that each device I've owned (the LGOG is #3) has been screwed by a lack of Android updates.

No one signs up because of the bloatware you load onto your phones, but they do leave for other carriers that offer better phones and timely updates. Please keep this in mind.
Message 21 of 179 (21,138 Views)
Tutor

I agree with the above. I'm getting tired of this lack of android support. Sprint already has the update and Verizon has the best Android devices... please roll this update out, or at least notify us when it can be expected.
Message 22 of 179 (21,123 Views)
Voyager

I too would like a date on the Jelly Bean update for the Optimus G. Sprint has it already so whats the deal??? 

Message 23 of 179 (20,706 Views)

I wonder if AT&T realizes that these delays are the reason that people root and install custom ROMs?
Message 24 of 179 (20,701 Views)
Tutor

Let's make this thread as big as the one X =)

Message 25 of 179 (20,603 Views)

I see no problem with this, at least give us some word that it is coming soon AT&T! 

Message 26 of 179 (20,584 Views)
Teacher

I am holding off on purchasing the LGOG, until I at least know that an update is coming.  I have been with AT&T ever since they bought Cellular One, then changed to Cingular then back to AT&T.  They certainly send me enough emails and snail mail asking me to upgrade, add service, or swicth to a different plan.  All we're asking for is a little info.

I'm at a point now where my contract is up and I am free to switch carriers if I like.  I've been a loyal customer to the same carrier (in one of its forms) for over 15 years.  A little courtesy back would be nice.

Message 27 of 179 (20,555 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

Why does The LGOG need JB? Not that anyone asked, but I have some time, so I'll type:

In my opinon the LGOG borders on too big, the Pro is too big, along with those samsung monsters.

I work and travel a lot I don't need a tablet hanging from my hip. but the LGOG is acceptable.

I don't need to keep up with all the social pages every second of the day. I couldn't care less what Jimmy's cat is doing under the dogs tail, or what drink Suzie is going to order at S*#$bucks,  So those goofy windows 8 phones, with their front ends and the like, are a waste of my data plan.  When I want to see a stick figure of Batman saying something funny to Spiderman, or another picture of a homeless, abused dog,  then I'll log on FB and get all I need.

I don't want my phone manufacturer to decide what files I can download and transfer, or control what media files I can have, I certainly don't need to use cloud services to access files that I own, it doesn't help when you on the road without a data plan for your laptop. so Apple is OUT!  And I don't want to spend the extra $40.00 a month for the one or two files I forgot to transfer before I left the office.  It's not worth it.

I need a good working phone, that lets me work the way I want to work, and Android JB is the first really good Android out there.

I liked the Atrix HD but lack of memory, and battery life shot that down. I'm not streaming or surfing a lot, but I am actually on the phone a lot, communicating like God meant us to communicate, verbally, over choppy, digital, wireless connections.  Smiley Very Happy

The HTC OX+ was nice but it dosn't have a MicroSD slot which I use often to transfer and store files. and it has that camera protrusion which make it look more like a toy.

All of the other AT&T phones are just toys.

The LGOG is the closest fit, its a little big (I can deal with that), its got good memory, sd slot, fast, slick with no protrusions, and awesome battery life.  It just needs the JB update.

So how about AT&T? throw us a bone!

Message 28 of 179 (20,542 Views)

Bravo, well said. For those of us into productivity, JB adds one major feature that I desperately want, Google Now. Project Butter is just icing on top of that. The fact that EVERY other LGOG alreqxy has this and we don't have word one about it is ludicrous. I am a patient person, but I and my four line mobile share plan have my limits. And I am rapidly approaching them with this.
Message 29 of 179 (20,532 Views)
Tutor

Agreed. The worst part is not knowing. What could AT&T be doing to JB to keep it for so long?
Message 30 of 179 (20,490 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.