When is Jelly Bean update for Optimus G?

When is Jelly Bean update for Optimus G?

Any idea when to expect it for west coast?

Message 1 of 179 (28,402 Views)
Tutor

Re: When is Jelly Bean update for Optimus G?

Seems like you found out. ^ Never been on the forums since fixing my phone
Message 166 of 179 (2,028 Views)
Tutor

jarret - no, I still haven't figured it out. AT&T simply dropped my case and never responded to anything else I sent them. It's like you're dealing with a teenager, as opposed to a huge mature company. Utterly frustrating.

Message 167 of 179 (1,950 Views)

So far still no Jelly Bean.  I contacted ATT Customer Care and they seem to think I am not getting the jelly bean update because I'm still stuck on the E97010o instead of the version E97011C.  The guy tried to send me the update and he said it was delivered successfully - I never saw the notification on my side.  Then he sent me to the Tech Escalation Team.  So far, she has done a google search and told me to use the Mobile Support Tool for a different LG phone http://androidos.in/2013/05/lg-optimus-l7-p705-android-4-1-2-update-india/.  Seems like there should be a better answer but I'll try it when I get home.  

Message 168 of 179 (1,921 Views)

Installed the software above.  Here is the error returned "Model not supporting S/W Update."

Message 169 of 179 (1,911 Views)
Tutor

georgedellinger - yes, you're getting the same totally useless runaround from techs who have no clue how to resolve this problem. The problem that affected a bunch of people, some of whom happened to luck out with the techs who actually figured it out. What a sad waste of our time.

Message 170 of 179 (1,892 Views)

Last e-mail I received from Tech Escalation Team: "Did you call LG yet or try downloading the update from the LG website?"   *sigh*

Message 171 of 179 (1,839 Views)

Finally got stock Jelly Bean on my LG Optimus G (E970) using the tool LGNPST.  The stock jelly bean file is a 1.26 GB download.  I guess thats why the update is only done over wifi.  

Not the way I wanted to go about updating to Jelly Bean but I tried.

So now my software information reads

Android Version: 4.1.2

Kernel Version: 3.4.0

Build number: JZ054K

Software version: E97020j

Message 172 of 179 (1,807 Views)
Mentor

for everyone who couldn't get their phone updated to jb when it first came out

instead of posting complaints on this site and badmouthing at&t because you couln't figure it out yourself

get off your butt and go down to the device warranty center and have them do it for you

and if they can't do it they'll give you one with it on it already 

Message 173 of 179 (1,785 Views)

I went to a couple of AT&T stores.  Talked with ATT Customer Care and Tech Escalation Team online.  None of these mentioned anything about a device warranty center.  If they had told me where to take it I would have done that a month ago.  

The point of posting on this site is to give someone else some history of the problem.  Telling me to go a device warranty center would have been a much better answer than - "your phone doesn't support OTA updates" or "did you call LG"?

Message 174 of 179 (1,777 Views)
Mentor

down here in west palm beach ,florida they have a warranty center ,but they don't broadcast it very much

So I would just ask them at your local store where they're located and then go down there

Message 175 of 179 (1,759 Views)
Mentor

I've just swapped my phone for a brand new one at a Device Support Center after it started acting up.

I had updated it to 4.1.2 JB and it worked for awhile but recently have had several reception issues, glitchy applications, etc., and the rep at the support center said that the Jelly Bean update wasn't really ready and was having issues when they first announced it, so they pulled it.  However, since it was announced that it was available people wanted it so techs have pushed it to phones when requested but she said that it will be released on a large scale again once all known issues are fixed and they are working on it.

For those of you with the Optimus G who don't have JB yet, best to just wait for the right update to be released.  Keep your eye on AT&T's FAQ page.

Message 176 of 179 (1,664 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

[ Edited ]

@bigcid10 -
Are you saying they unboxed a new one and gave it to you and it has 4.1.2 on it?

I just got a brand new one and it has ICS on it and was told to wait until they re-release JB because they're working on it, a lot of people have reported issues with their phones after updating

Message 177 of 179 (1,660 Views)
Scholar

Any update??????

Message 178 of 179 (1,337 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

From what I've seen and the response I've received from several AT&T tech support reps, Optimus G users shouldn't expect a working 4.1.2 update anytime soon (outside of rooting and using custom ROMs), even though the new LG G2 has 4.2.2 on it, as do a large number of other AT&T devices.

Message 179 of 179 (795 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.