When is Jelly Bean update for Optimus G?

When is Jelly Bean update for Optimus G?

Any idea when to expect it for west coast?

Message 1 of 179 (28,420 Views)
Mentor

Re: When is Jelly Bean update for Optimus G?

After much frustration, the update just came through on my phone, so im glad but honestly see no difference so now it seems like it was pointless. Hope this means everyone can finally get the update now.
Message 151 of 179 (3,345 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I... don't know what to say.

I now have jellybean.

So...
I'm glad I have jellybean now but:

I spent 7 hours on phone/ online support, a trip to the device support center to no avail. That's when I sent pm.

Initial response to that pm was same disappointment but it turns out I was in touch with a motivated, above and beyond type of individual(and I say individual because no one else provided that level of effort)

So she pushed through for me and finally arranged for me to have my device swapped at the store for a new one (I was only a week out of the 14 days). But when I went to the store the new phone had the same issue.. so I came back with the original phone with no jellybean. 2 hours later at home...All of a sudden I am able to get the update no error.......

So.. yay jelly bean but, I am completely frustrated with this experience. Do greatly appreciate the level of service attempted by the last rep (thanks Becca!) But overall experience not so much..... so yay jelly bean boo ATT thanks becca, not sure if that's what ATT was going for.

Message 152 of 179 (3,320 Views)
Voyager

After months wait, finally got jelly bean, ya.
Message 153 of 179 (3,300 Views)
Tutor

Still says my phone is up to date, very frustrating...
Message 154 of 179 (3,020 Views)
Voyager

Same here. Just says up to date.
Message 155 of 179 (2,991 Views)
Community Support

Hi Jarret, we received your private message and replied. We look forward to assisting you.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button. We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Message 156 of 179 (2,965 Views)
Community Support

Hi Sam, we received your private message and replied. We look forward to assisting you.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button. We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Message 157 of 179 (2,893 Views)
Voyager

I was told to try and factory reset my device. I was skeptical but it did update after that. It did not update to Jelly Bean though. I did another reset and it updated the second time to Jelly Bean.

Message 158 of 179 (2,850 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

A lot of people have been talking about battery life after the JB update.  I had the same problem initially, however, JB comes with more features and widgets installed.  One of the biggest drains of the battery, I found, was Google Now. I stopped using it. If you like it, just know that it will drain more of your batery.  Then go into all the settings and adjust the update frequencies of your apps and widgets. Look at your battery info to find what Apps are using the most battery and adjust them.

I now have JB running smoothly, and I think my battery life is better than ICS.  But in all fairness, I spent more time adjusting my apps in JB. I'm not a heavy user, mostly calls and some texting, and I check and respond to some e-mails, with minimal surfing inbetween and I get through the with 75% battery life left on the phone. (50% on heavy use days).

I really like this Phone.

PS - A shout out to Clean Calendar Widget Pro - if your looking for a calendar widgit, this one is super configurable and scalable.

Message 159 of 179 (2,830 Views)
Tutor

Finally got jelly bean thanks to help from at&t's wonderful customer service! My phone runs even better with jelly bean, no problems at all and I've been running it for a few hours now.
Message 160 of 179 (2,717 Views)
Tutor

jarret408, what was the help you received from AT&T, exactly?

Everyone who got the Authentication Error resolved with help of AT&T tech support, please post here what exactly ended up helping you! Each one of us with this error gets a new (and completely clueless) AT&T person when we call, so giving them clues on what to try is really helpful... Thanks!

Message 161 of 179 (2,501 Views)

I'm still unable to update to Jelly Bean on my Optimus G.  Not sure why this is such a problem.  I've been on the phone with a couple of tech supports with AT&T.  One of which transferred me to someone at LG.  I tried going to a AT&T store and they also seemed clueless.  One of the guys there said that they don't do OTA updates and you have to get software on your computer to update the phone.  I just don't understand why after over a month that there hasn't been a mass memo sent out to all employees that says ..."here is how to fix this problem".  For some reason I thought the Optimus G was one of the  "flagship" products and any issues would be more widely known.  

The most frequent message I recevie is the "Authentication Error" when trying to update.  Other times it would just say that I was up to date. 

Android version 4.0.4

Build number: IMM76L

Software version: E97010o

Message 162 of 179 (2,344 Views)
Employee

Hello sasham5 and georgedellinger.  Thanks for your posts!  

If you are still experiencing problems with the download, please click ATTCustomerCare and send them a private message with your name, account number, contact number and a good time for them to reach you!  A manager will contact you directly to assist you within 48 hours of receipt of your private message!

Thanks!  ~Delia

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 163 of 179 (2,330 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

Hi Delia,

Thanks for your reply to georgedellinger and me.

Let me describe to you how amazingly unhelpful sending a private message to ATTCustomerCare is.

I sent that message two weeks ago. I got a quick reply and a call by a very friendly but completely clueless tech, who transferred me higher up the chain to another clueless tech, who then directed me, just like georgedellinger, to connect my phone to my PC and claimed that the phone will be updated by itself that way. When I told her to explain to me how this will happen, she could only offer the most ridiculous guess: "it will happen like with iTunes". Of course, absolutely nothing happened, but I had to hang up to try.

So I emailed AT&T customer care again, asking to find a person at AT&T who actually successfully resolved Optimus' "authentication error" update problem and have that person get back to me. I then got a voice message from AT&T "urgent case" team, asking me to call back and provide my current OS version - something I already sent as a screenshot to the customer care tech I was in email contact with. I called back and left voicemail with that info. That was it. I never heard from anybody at AT&T again. I left another voicemail at the same number  - again several days later (which was 5 days ago.) I sent several more emails to AT&T tech, which he said he "passed on" to the right people. Nobody ever got back to me since.

My installed version is the same as georgedellinger's 

Android version 4.0.4

Build number: IMM76L

Software version: E97010o

I read here - and I emailed that to AT&T tech - that the fact that I did not receive intermediate update OTA to version E97011c from AT&T is the culprit. (http://www.androidcentral.com/att-lg-optimus-g-getting-easter-update) I tried myself to investigate and help YOU solve YOUR problem as much as I could, wasting a ton of time on it. YOUR tech support, however, is useless and seems to have dropped my case, even though it's one of thousands identical cases reported online with the same top-of-the-line LG phone from AT&T.

That's how helpful you've been so far.

Thank you.

[removed unpublished number]

Message 164 of 179 (2,248 Views)
Tutor

Message 165 of 179 (2,029 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.