For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
pythonflying's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, December 12th, 2012 12:16 AM

When is Jelly Bean update for Optimus G?

Any idea when to expect it for west coast?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Also sent pm. Though i hope i have some luck this time. Already spnt 5hrs with phone and chat support and an hour at device support center. No luck( authentication error) .

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

pm sent

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Hi irrelevant, we received your private message and replied. We look forward to assisting you.

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Hi SharkByte, we received your private message and replied. We look forward to assisting you.

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Thank you Jeff for your PM. We look forward to working with you on this issue.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

@ATTHelpForums wrote:

Hi @irrelevant, we received your private message and replied. We look forward to assisting you.

Yes, so far that has meant telling me to contact LG (who have told me that this needs to be sent under RMA to them, and yes, that means i would be without a phone according to LG.. alternatively they said go to ATT store... i've already visited a device support center to no avail)

Am I expected to go through all this to resolve a technical issue not caused by me?

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

11 years ago

As with user 'irrelevant', I was told to contact LG.

I've wasted hours of my time over the past week since AT&T announced this update was available.

This is the same pattern of frustration I endured when trying to update my Skyrocket to ICS, as AT&T kept telling me to contact Samsung.

I was called this morning after sending the PM and ended up basically providing training over the phone for the person calling to help me resolve my issue, and when I called the device support center he referred me to, I was told to talk to LG because they are "sending the phones with the wrong software version to get the update".  He went on to say that until LG provides me some kind of update to the software that came on the phone I cannot get Jelly Bean on my device, and said this is the case with all phones in stores that don't come with the update already.  I have spoken with LG and he confirmed that AT&T has stopped the update which is why everyone's phone keeps saying it's up to date.

As confirmed by other users, AT&T support reps will just pass the buck and send customers on a wild goose chase when the problem is right here.  Every single person I spoke with today and all week had a different suggestion or reason for why I cannot get the update and the guy from the support center even said he tried to update one of the phones they had in stock and couldn't.  Someone else from AT&T told me they test the update "on a few phones" but that once 1,000's of customers start trying to update theirs it causes problems.  All ridiculous answers avoiding the real problem.

Is this what AT&T calls "Customer Care"?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

at&t & lg just told me the 4.1.2 update has been canceled due to having to many issues prob because of bloatware and they have no idea when we will get .4.1.2 now thanks at&t

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I was also having problems downloading the Jelly Bean update. I turned out that I had missed the update to firmware 11c. I think I missed it do to the timing of when I purchased the phone -- right after the firmware update and just before the Jelly Bean update. Anyway I sent a PM to ATT and they contacted me the next day. The pushed the 11c firmware to my phone, which, in turn, allowed me to download the Jelly Bean update. The phone runs great and battery life is much better.

The experience I had with the ATT techs was very positive. To be honest, after the experiences with my previous phone -- Motorola Atrix 4g which were not good, to say the least but it was probably a Motorola issue -- my expectations were not high. The support I received yesterday was outstanding and I am truly appreciative.

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

11 years ago

After much frustration, the update just came through on my phone, so im glad but honestly see no difference so now it seems like it was pointless. Hope this means everyone can finally get the update now.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.