The Samsung Galaxy S24
pythonflying's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, December 12th, 2012 12:16 AM

When is Jelly Bean update for Optimus G?

Any idea when to expect it for west coast?

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

11 years ago

Jelly Bean definitely uses more power for some reason. With ICS when my charge was at 25% before going to bed it would be at 18-19% when I woke up. With JB it was at 25% before bed and was at 6% when I got up. That's a huge difference. Auto-sync is still off so I don't know what could be doing that. JB using more power is a common complaint, but WHY does it use more power? I haven't noticed any difference in performance between JB or ICS. What is supposed to be the benefit of updating to JB?

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

I'm just curious. Is your phone on JB regularly draining more batteries than the one on ICS?

My battery drainage varies very much. One day I could see the battery drop real time like 1% per every 10 seconds from like 50% to 3% even if I tried rebooting the device. Didn't know why.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Wow! People were really waiting and complaining for the longest just to get Google now and expanded notification. LOL!! That is all I see from this update. Oh I forgot that it drains your battery  a whole lot faster. Well I guess we got what we asked for.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Lol looks like its hard to please everyone all of the time! Lol I'm really happy to see the response AT&T posted here! It seems like posting in this forum might have been somewhat influential. Thanks for finally updating the phone OTA.
Can anyone verify if after installing JB the stock browser loses its ability to play flash? I don't believe that's the case but an earlier poster mentioned it...Chrome never could run flash, but the stock browser definitely does on ICS at least. I'd be afraid to update if it means losing flash support...

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

Yeah Flash is gone but you can get the apk for it from Adobe or XDA.  Glad they didn't remove android browser since Q-Slide works with videos played on browser. Was worried about that.  They did remove LG social + too.  If anyone used it Idk. Battery is same as before.   LTE and display use a lot of juice.  But once it's off it's good.   For people who are losing juice while sleeping you may have to  clear data or reinstall certain apps. Had problems with chrome force closing,  Gvoice not updating notifications. Wunderground widget not updating. Few things here and there. 

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

11 years ago

@only2sea wrote:

I'm just curious. Is your phone on JB regularly draining more batteries than the one on ICS?

Yes. It went from 32% to 17% last night. It was never that big of a jump on ICS.

@Ominousmessage wrote:

For people who are losing juice while sleeping you may have to  clear data or reinstall certain apps.

I always force stops apps when I'm done with them. I never just push the back or home button and leave it. That's definitely not a factor. Even if people did do that it still wouldn't be a factor because they would have been doing the same with ICS as well, yet many people are complaining of the extra power drain with JB. Just do a google search for Jelly Bean power drain...

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

i got the update but keep getting error 0x13e

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

at 11% everytime

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

I'm sorry you're having an issue downloading the update. 

If you haven't been able to download it yet, will you please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare with your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you? 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type ATTCustomerCare in the "Send To" field.

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks, I sent a PM to Customer Care.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.