The Samsung Galaxy S24
pythonflying's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, December 12th, 2012 12:16 AM

When is Jelly Bean update for Optimus G?

Any idea when to expect it for west coast?

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Got the Update!  Thanks AT&T.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Downloading the update now, after doing a manual update check.  I think our phone is the very last phone released in 2011 or later that didn't have Jellybean available it seemed.

Hope this makes the phone snappier and resolves some occasional issues with wifi and texting I have been having.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

Hate to be a whiner. But no enhanced multitasking, expandable notifications, safety care, etc. That the rest of the world has. I guess they will wait until G pro comes out or never will. All we have now is a bloated Nexus 4. Really hope more updates come out. i knew they would screw it u.

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

11 years ago

http://www.engadget.com/2013/04/03/att-lg-optimus-g-jelly-bean-update/

"We've received a flurry of tips and screenshots like the one above denoting that Ma Bell is slowly starting to trickle out Android 4.1.2 to its Optimus G owners. Seeking confirmation, we've reached out to AT&T and will provide an update of our own once we receive official word on the matter. Until then, if you're rocking an Optimus G on Big Blue's network, now might be the time to manually check your device for new software."

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I have my Optimus G E970 online unlocked to use outside the US. And I've been trying to update to Jelly Bean but I keep getting 'Connection Failed due to Authentication Error'. I tried taking out my sim but also got the same message. Is it because I'm not on AT&T? Will I still get the update? Can I force update it somehow? Any help is appreciated. Please and thank you.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

I'm experiencing the same issue, 'Connection Failed due to Authentication Error', as I'm an unlocker in the US (T-mobile). I will test it with AT&T SIM.

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

11 years ago

my phone is ulocked as well,but I didn't have any issues with the update

just sayin

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Woo hoo I just got my update to 4.1.2 Smiley Happy FINALLY! 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I am happy to get 4.1.2 finally but still cant believe they didn't release 4.2.2. It rocks on my Nexus 7.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

Hey all, 

As most of you have noted, the 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for the Optimus G is available. 

This is an over the air update but you must be connected to wifi to complete the process. 

To update: 

Connected to Wi-Fi 

1. The download completes in the background. The install can be postponed up to three times (one, four, or eight hours).
  2. The status bar shows an update is available and the following message appears: A new software update from AT&T is available for your device. This software update will take several minutes and will not delete any personal data on your device. All services (including emergency calls) will be suspended during the install. Later or Install now?
  3. Tap Install Now
  4. The phone restarts.
  5. The phone displays: Updating Software, and restarts again.
  6. The phone displays: Update complete: The software has been successfully installed. Your device is now ready to use.
  7. Tap OK.

Not Connected to Wi-Fi

1. Notification - AT&T software update. Status message: Wi-Fi not connected, A software update is available for your device that requires Wi-Fi connectivity for download progress to begin. Connect to a Wi-Fi network? For a list of free Wi-Fi networks click here: AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spots.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. The device Wi-Fi setup screen displays and the user selects Wi-Fi network. Status message: A new software update from AT&T is available for your device. This software update will take several minutes and will not delete any personal data on your device. All services (including emergency calls) will be suspended during the install. Later or Install now 
  4. Tap Install Now.
    • The device automatically restarts.
    • After the phone restarts, it displays: Updating software.
    • After the update is complete, the phone restarts automatically.
    • The phone displays: Software update: The software has been successfully installed. Your device is now ready to use.
  5. Tap OK.

Initiating the update on your phone

1. Connect to Wi-Fi. 
  2. Tap Menu.
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. Tap General.
  5. Tap About Phone.
  6. Tap Software Update.
  7. Select Update Now.
  8. Follow the prompts above
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.