When is Jelly Bean update for Optimus G?

When is Jelly Bean update for Optimus G?

Any idea when to expect it for west coast?

Message 1 of 179 (28,418 Views)
Tutor

Re: When is Jelly Bean update for Optimus G?

Still doesn't pop up for me, even with manual date change. Guess I'll just have to keep waiting. :/

Message 106 of 179 (13,720 Views)

Instead of date change you can go to applications->all and force stop and clear data for com.lge.omadmclient as many times as you'd like

Message 107 of 179 (13,711 Views)
Teacher

aganders3 wrote:

Still doesn't pop up for me, even with manual date change. Guess I'll just have to keep waiting. :/

I read that it could be currently limited to those AT&T clients in LTE coverage....not sure how truthful that is

Message 108 of 179 (13,709 Views)

[ Edited ]

Did anyone notice a HUGE decline in LTE speed since updating to Jelly Bean?  I mean like I went from 12Mbps in Chicago to 50-200Kbps......  Anyone?

EDIT: Nevermind, it was just a temp thing.....  Back to normal, nothing to see here.

Message 109 of 179 (13,706 Views)
Teacher

I got my JB update....looks like our complaints finally paid off....salute to everybody that voice their opinions out to AT&T by phone or live chat...now we can go on the next journey of complaints when Key Lime Pie surfaces down the line lol....but lets hope that doesnt happen but in due time!
Message 110 of 179 (13,607 Views)
Tutor

Updating as we speak! Finally! Thanks AT&T!
Message 111 of 179 (13,483 Views)
Teacher

Got the Update!  Thanks AT&T.

Message 112 of 179 (13,416 Views)
Voyager

Downloading the update now, after doing a manual update check.  I think our phone is the very last phone released in 2011 or later that didn't have Jellybean available it seemed.

Hope this makes the phone snappier and resolves some occasional issues with wifi and texting I have been having.

Message 113 of 179 (13,410 Views)

Hate to be a whiner. But no enhanced multitasking, expandable notifications, safety care, etc. That the rest of the world has. I guess they will wait until G pro comes out or never will. All we have now is a bloated Nexus 4. Really hope more updates come out. i knew they would screw it u.
Message 114 of 179 (13,383 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

http://www.engadget.com/2013/04/03/att-lg-optimus-g-jelly-bean-update/

"We've received a flurry of tips and screenshots like the one above denoting that Ma Bell is slowly starting to trickle out Android 4.1.2 to its Optimus G owners. Seeking confirmation, we've reached out to AT&T and will provide an update of our own once we receive official word on the matter. Until then, if you're rocking an Optimus G on Big Blue's network, now might be the time to manually check your device for new software."

Message 115 of 179 (13,316 Views)

I have my Optimus G E970 online unlocked to use outside the US. And I've been trying to update to Jelly Bean but I keep getting 'Connection Failed due to Authentication Error'. I tried taking out my sim but also got the same message. Is it because I'm not on AT&T? Will I still get the update? Can I force update it somehow? Any help is appreciated. Please and thank you.

Message 116 of 179 (13,180 Views)
Teacher

I'm experiencing the same issue, 'Connection Failed due to Authentication Error', as I'm an unlocker in the US (T-mobile). I will test it with AT&T SIM.

Message 117 of 179 (12,945 Views)
Mentor

my phone is ulocked as well,but I didn't have any issues with the update

just sayin

Message 118 of 179 (12,934 Views)

Woo hoo I just got my update to 4.1.2 Smiley Happy FINALLY! 

Message 119 of 179 (12,879 Views)

I am happy to get 4.1.2 finally but still cant believe they didn't release 4.2.2. It rocks on my Nexus 7.
Message 120 of 179 (12,863 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.