When is Jelly Bean update for Optimus G?

When is Jelly Bean update for Optimus G?

Any idea when to expect it for west coast?

Message 1 of 179 (28,369 Views)

Re: When is Jelly Bean update for Optimus G?

Does anyone know what the easter update is about?

Message 76 of 179 (6,939 Views)

What software version do you guys have? I'm on E97010o.
Are some people at E97010c?
Message 77 of 179 (6,906 Views)
Teacher

Yes. Just did the update and went to 10c... can't tell you what it did as still at 4.0.4
Message 78 of 179 (6,896 Views)

Thanks.
This is what I found at androidcentral forum. Apparently it fixes battery life and is latest software version. But these guys got it in January. So att is really slow or any problems they have updating to JB could be software versions the bone heads overlooked. Just worried it might make rooting harder in the future. Well let the dice roll.
Message 79 of 179 (6,879 Views)

I thought it would be very appropriate to push out Jelly Bean on Eastern Morning.  I was so exicited when I saw an update this morning.  4.0.4 wow that really sucks.  I am not waiting anymore.  It is time to root and hack.  

Message 80 of 179 (6,870 Views)

Yeah I thought that this morning too. Did anyone else get their Optimus g thru Amazon?
Message 81 of 179 (6,852 Views)

Well did update. It said 111 apps (which came with the phone) were optimized. Software version is E97010c. Maybe battery is charging faster which battery widget should tell me, and same for battery life.
Hopefully this gets us closer to JB. Maybe ppl who had this version will get JB soon. Att is slower than expected.
Message 82 of 179 (6,784 Views)

I really hate to be victim of AT&T the second time. 

Previously I had the Motorola flagship Atrix 4G, which they never updated to ICS even after official announcements and promises. They simply cancelled it. Cat Sad

Now I have LG flagship Optimus G and it seems it is heading towards the same fate. I think AT&T is too busy and got comfortable in licking the apple all the time and hence has no time to take care of the Green Robot. 

Message 83 of 179 (6,755 Views)
Contributor

What makes me the most angry is that I purchsed the LG Optimus G a month ago, over other phones, because I was told by the AT&T staff that it would be getting Jelly Bean. It is entirely the reason I went with this phone over its competitors. Thanks for lying to me, AT&T.

Message 84 of 179 (6,740 Views)
Contributor

I received a software update this morning but it wasn't what I had hoped for and expected. Don't get too excited....

http://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Discussion-and-Support/LG-Optimus-G-Jelly-Bean-Update/m-p/3462269#M...

Message 85 of 179 (6,720 Views)
Highlighted
Voyager

False alarm...thought it was the Jellybean when it was delivered over the air.  Intead it was an easter basket full of coal instead of jellybeans.  Hopefully it did something at least...maybe longer battery life and improved wifi.

It amounted to a firmware update, and the operating system is still ICS 4.0.4 :-(

Message 86 of 179 (6,598 Views)
Teacher

Its a old update....i had this exact same version updated to my OG back in December 2012....so im assuming u ppl just purchased the phone recently or somehow the update just appeared on your phones....sorry to crush yall dreams lol
Message 87 of 179 (6,421 Views)
Voyager

I second what RB007 said, I've had this update since 12/22/2012...

Message 88 of 179 (6,251 Views)
Voyager

at&t sucks big time in updating Android, just to cry out loud.
Message 89 of 179 (6,062 Views)
Voyager

[ Edited ]

I don't know what some versions people are posting, but the update I got Easter Sunday was different than the versions people listed:

Software Version: E97011c

Build: IMM76L

Baseband: APQ8064/MDM9x15M

To clarify as well, I already had the update back from December arleady as well.  This isn't the same update.

Message 90 of 179 (6,028 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.