The Samsung Galaxy S24
pythonflying's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, December 12th, 2012 12:16 AM

When is Jelly Bean update for Optimus G?

Any idea when to expect it for west coast?

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

How can they EOL a phone that is at most a year old. I say that is the grounds for suit for misrepresentation/ fraud.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Would they really not release the update at this point?

Mentor

• 

25 Messages

11 years ago

Congratulations AT&T, I have now signed all four of my lines up at T-Mobile due in no small part to the utter lack of communication with those of us that pay for your existence. Good luck everyone here, I hope it comes soon.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Well Sprint released the update to Jellybean for their users of the Optimus G.  And considering that AT&T and LG heavily advertised this phone during the NCAA Tournament, it is unlikely that it is being abandoned with the EOL status.

The Optimus G Pro will be a phablet with a 5.5" screen thus won't replace the Optimus G in the lineup.  There may be an Optimus G2 model coming up that would replace the G, but even then just like what Samsung did the S2 after the S3 came out, the model tends to live on.

I do think AT&T will eventually release the update, it's just that they are lazy and the Optimus G isn't selling well enough for them to assign a tech to it.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

Does anyone know what the easter update is about?

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

What software version do you guys have? I'm on E97010o.
Are some people at E97010c?

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

Yes. Just did the update and went to 10c... can't tell you what it did as still at 4.0.4

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks.
This is what I found at androidcentral forum. Apparently it fixes battery life and is latest software version. But these guys got it in January. So att is really slow or any problems they have updating to JB could be software versions the bone heads overlooked. Just worried it might make rooting harder in the future. Well let the dice roll.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I thought it would be very appropriate to push out Jelly Bean on Eastern Morning.  I was so exicited when I saw an update this morning.  4.0.4 wow that really sucks.  I am not waiting anymore.  It is time to root and hack.  

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

Yeah I thought that this morning too. Did anyone else get their Optimus g thru Amazon?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.