The Samsung Galaxy S24
pythonflying's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, December 12th, 2012 12:16 AM

When is Jelly Bean update for Optimus G?

Any idea when to expect it for west coast?

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

Smh...i just got done talking to a AT&T tech and she says they already tested our jellybean version of our phone but it's having tons of problems which is why they haven't released it nor gave us a notice....she says they have been working on the problems all this time smh...my simple solution to this is for them to just move on to KLP(Key Lime Pie) update when it's available and keep us posted on everything (better to be up with the times anyway)....i have jellybean on my tablet so i'm over it....Just do it RIGHT the next time and give us KEY LIME PIE!!!

Mentor

• 

25 Messages

11 years ago

I find it funny that they say it has all kinds of problems when even the CDMA version has had the update released.  Not to mention there are stable fully functional ports available for those that would want it a bit early and are willing to void warranties.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

In my opinion it has to be more to the story than the tons of problems theory.. but everywhere around us JB is pretty much alive and stabled with slight issues on other devices. I refuse to go back and forth again with a at&t rep that has valid answers for this situation when at the same time they want to play "don't snitch" rules and try to talk their way out of the discussion with the "there is no information on this matter sir"....just give us KLP when it's available AT&T!!!!!

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

If that is a real story, then I assume they mean all of their bloatware, and system locks are causing problems and they can't figure out how to incorporate them.  Which also doesn't make sense since they have JB on other devices.  All the cheap Android phones are getting updated before this one, and no problem on those?

I guess I am going to shop around see what other phones are out there, and look at what other carriers have.  This was AT&T's one good phone, and they let it fall off the cliff.  Really, Sprint beat AT&T to the upgrade, how embarrassing.Smiley Embarassed

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Hey guys I know it sucks to be waiting so long for this update but one thing to keep in mind is this phone is still a awesome phone and is still the the most powerful phone under 5" and for the price we got it for I mean just a all around great deal. But I'm mad about the update to but don't hate the phone because at&t is dragging their feet.

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

Everyone just get the nexus 4 already

Mentor

• 

25 Messages

11 years ago

Had one.  Got rid of it for this because of lack of LTE, which I use on a regular basis.  Plus, the battery life is somehow much worse considering the nearly identical hardware to the LGOG.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I would take what the tech said about JB having problems on our phones with a grain of salt. From my experience, and talking with others, the consensus is that tech's, just like the sales guys, dont know ANYTHING about updates or behind the scenes work. My girlfriend's brother works for AT&T and he said they dont tell them anything and he will know only about a week before it drops. So yeah...take that that tech said lightly. It could be hear-say from another tech, or them just making up fluff. Either way I wouldnt put a lot of faith into it.

I have no doubt JB will come for this phone its just a matter of time.

Mentor

• 

25 Messages

11 years ago

Figures that even Canada branded handsets get it before we do.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.