The Samsung Galaxy S24
pythonflying's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, December 12th, 2012 12:16 AM

When is Jelly Bean update for Optimus G?

Any idea when to expect it for west coast?

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Best thing to do is to have everyone with a CGOG or waiting for the update to call customer support and at least let them know you want JB.

Then keep Posting here to bump this topic to the top.  The squeeky wheel gets the greese.

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

11 years ago

I have 2 upgrades on my account and I want my jellybean or no upgrades

I want my mtv!,lol

Mentor

• 

25 Messages

11 years ago

I think that it would help if we even knew it was being worked on at this point.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

Smh AT&T just doesnt care..its frustrating to see other phones on AT&T recieve the update while we sit and complain... AT&T push the Jellybean update to our phones!!!!!

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

11 years ago

It would be nice to have a release date.isn't that simple?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

From what I remember, Samsung and LG gave the updates to AT&T around the same time, yet the GS3 has had it from AT&T for months now, and we are sitting here holding the sh*t end of the stick with the better phone.... what's the deal at&t???

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

11 years ago

"I agree with all above. This is yet another diapointing display of AT&T's support for a flagship android phone. 

I had the Galaxy S2 when it came out, and was promised the ICS upgrade in "Q1" of 2012, but didn't acutally recieve the upgrade till early July. Now I have the LG Optimus G. I preordered the Optimus G partly because I was told that LG was going to working hard to push the Jelly Bean update out as soon as possible. Yet I am back on the forums airing the dirty laundry while Sprint customers enjoy the new OS. 

AT&T needs to understand that most current Android users will choose Android over and over because it offeres cutting edge hardware coupled with the most frequently imporving OS. By not investing in the timly release of updates AT&T is pushing the passionate fans to carriers that actually support thier customers after point of sale.

At least offer those waiting patiently a time frame!!!"

That's exactly the reason I bought THIS phone

when I ugraded ,I was assured that the jelly bean update was going to be released by the end of 2012

and here we are almost 4 moths later

Mentor

• 

25 Messages

11 years ago

Another week and still not even a word about it. Now even the Droid 4 has it, and I'm sure that phone sold far less than this one did!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

JUST about to get the Optimus G, but HESITANT because no word on updates for the device! 😮 so let me scour the net first.. otherwise AT&T - step on it - you're upsetting your customers who have already waited a few months!!

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I agree. To be honest, I only switched to Android OS because I wanted to be up to date with technology. When an update becomes available I immediately investigate when my phone will be receiving it. Like many, I am a diehard Android fan.

I'm saying this is because I was promised a timely OS update on the last two phones (Galaxy S2 now LGOG) I have used on AT&T. In both these instances the other carrier's versions of the phone got the update before AT&T got around to it, and I was left without a realistic time frame or answers.

When you sell premier products the customer's satisfaction has to be the main concern so don't keep us in the dark. Throw us a bone here and give us a reason to be excited again!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.