The Samsung Galaxy S24
pythonflying's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, December 12th, 2012 12:16 AM

When is Jelly Bean update for Optimus G?

Any idea when to expect it for west coast?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I agree with the above. I'm getting tired of this lack of android support. Sprint already has the update and Verizon has the best Android devices... please roll this update out, or at least notify us when it can be expected.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I too would like a date on the Jelly Bean update for the Optimus G. Sprint has it already so whats the deal??? 

Mentor

• 

25 Messages

11 years ago

I wonder if AT&T realizes that these delays are the reason that people root and install custom ROMs?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Let's make this thread as big as the one X 😃

Mentor

• 

25 Messages

11 years ago

I see no problem with this, at least give us some word that it is coming soon AT&T! 

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

I am holding off on purchasing the LGOG, until I at least know that an update is coming.  I have been with AT&T ever since they bought Cellular One, then changed to Cingular then back to AT&T.  They certainly send me enough emails and snail mail asking me to upgrade, add service, or swicth to a different plan.  All we're asking for is a little info.

I'm at a point now where my contract is up and I am free to switch carriers if I like.  I've been a loyal customer to the same carrier (in one of its forms) for over 15 years.  A little courtesy back would be nice.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Why does The LGOG need JB? Not that anyone asked, but I have some time, so I'll type:

In my opinon the LGOG borders on too big, the Pro is too big, along with those samsung monsters.

I work and travel a lot I don't need a tablet hanging from my hip. but the LGOG is acceptable.

I don't need to keep up with all the social pages every second of the day. I couldn't care less what Jimmy's cat is doing under the dogs tail, or what drink Suzie is going to order at S*#$bucks,  So those goofy windows 8 phones, with their front ends and the like, are a waste of my data plan.  When I want to see a stick figure of Batman saying something funny to Spiderman, or another picture of a homeless, abused dog,  then I'll log on FB and get all I need.

I don't want my phone manufacturer to decide what files I can download and transfer, or control what media files I can have, I certainly don't need to use cloud services to access files that I own, it doesn't help when you on the road without a data plan for your laptop. so Apple is OUT!  And I don't want to spend the extra $40.00 a month for the one or two files I forgot to transfer before I left the office.  It's not worth it.

I need a good working phone, that lets me work the way I want to work, and Android JB is the first really good Android out there.

I liked the Atrix HD but lack of memory, and battery life shot that down. I'm not streaming or surfing a lot, but I am actually on the phone a lot, communicating like God meant us to communicate, verbally, over choppy, digital, wireless connections.  Smiley Very Happy

The HTC OX+ was nice but it dosn't have a MicroSD slot which I use often to transfer and store files. and it has that camera protrusion which make it look more like a toy.

All of the other AT&T phones are just toys.

The LGOG is the closest fit, its a little big (I can deal with that), its got good memory, sd slot, fast, slick with no protrusions, and awesome battery life.  It just needs the JB update.

So how about AT&T? throw us a bone!

Mentor

• 

25 Messages

11 years ago

Bravo, well said. For those of us into productivity, JB adds one major feature that I desperately want, Google Now. Project Butter is just icing on top of that. The fact that EVERY other LGOG alreqxy has this and we don't have word one about it is ludicrous. I am a patient person, but I and my four line mobile share plan have my limits. And I am rapidly approaching them with this.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Agreed. The worst part is not knowing. What could AT&T be doing to JB to keep it for so long?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I agree with all above. This is yet another diapointing display of AT&T's support for a flagship android phone. 

I had the Galaxy S2 when it came out, and was promised the ICS upgrade in "Q1" of 2012, but didn't acutally recieve the upgrade till early July. Now I have the LG Optimus G. I preordered the Optimus G partly because I was told that LG was going to working hard to push the Jelly Bean update out as soon as possible. Yet I am back on the forums airing the dirty laundry while Sprint customers enjoy the new OS. 

AT&T needs to understand that most current Android users will choose Android over and over because it offeres cutting edge hardware coupled with the most frequently imporving OS. By not investing in the timly release of updates AT&T is pushing the passionate fans to carriers that actually support thier customers after point of sale.

At least offer those waiting patiently a time frame!!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.