When is Jelly Bean update for Optimus G?

When is Jelly Bean update for Optimus G?

Any idea when to expect it for west coast?

Message 1 of 179 (28,401 Views)

Re: When is Jelly Bean update for Optimus G?

There is no official Date yet, but it should be coming soon.

Message 2 of 179 (27,651 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

Online chatted with customer support on LG's site. As you know, the 4.2.1 update was released in Korea.  He explained we're waiting on AT&T which will test the software and 'enhance' it with thier bloatware before releasing.  Will probably be 2 more months.

Message 3 of 179 (27,218 Views)
Scholar

The fact that this phone is essentially the Nexus 4 and yet still does not have JB is a bit of a joke.

Message 4 of 179 (27,177 Views)
Highlighted

Yea, we should of had Jelly Bean already. I hope they don't add too much bloatware!
Message 5 of 179 (27,057 Views)
Contributor

Jelly bean is amazing on this phone. If you dont want to wait read up on xda
Message 6 of 179 (25,746 Views)
Scholar

You guys should of got the nexus 4 it's the best and I don't have to worry about the updates anymore
Message 7 of 179 (25,722 Views)
Tutor

Signed up just to echo the frustrations with all current optimus G device owners. What is so difficult about giving us, your loyal customers, a smidgeon of news? Must I keep checking to see if there will be an update? One of the reasons I got this phone hoping the "flagship" status would keep it updated at least every once and awhile. The utter lack of communication from the company on this subject with not just this phone, but many others is just not right. Please AT&T, show us a little respect. Let us know at least IF we will get an update to jellybean. Seriously.

Message 8 of 179 (25,284 Views)
Mentor

Is it coming out in February?

can We get a release date?

Message 9 of 179 (25,266 Views)
Scholar

Just got 4.2.2 on my nexus Lol. Don't have to deal with att
Message 10 of 179 (25,228 Views)

I wish I had Nexus 4. The only this which stopped me from owning it is the lack of LTE. Now, after getting used to LTE I cannot imagine using a phone without it. 

LG & AT&T: You are killing this awesome phone by not providing required support. The Korean version has received Jelly Bean long time back and we are still waiting with no date to look up to. The way you're creating a history your future will be dark for sure. 

Message 11 of 179 (25,058 Views)
Scholar

The way you're creating a history your future will be dark for sure

If you keep supporting att lte devices and services their future is going to be great. You said it yourself your not willing to get the nexus for lack of lte but still complain for not having jellybean on a device that's not guarantee to get any updates.
Message 12 of 179 (25,005 Views)
Tutor

I heard the Nexus 4 isn't 4G. If that's the case isn't that a step backward?

Message 13 of 179 (24,940 Views)
Scholar

Yes and no. Hspa+(fake 4g) is fast enough for pretty much do anything you need it for on a mobile device. Lte ( true 4g) is still brand new and is a battery hog that's why Google didn't include lte just yet. And another thing Google wants users to have the best experience with their androids and doesn't want carriers to mess with their update schedule
Message 14 of 179 (24,907 Views)

ATT get your act together! People (paying customers) have been waiting unnecessarily for months now. It sucks to have one of the best phones out there but running an OS that's several iterations behind current. Do you need help? Should I get out and push?!?

Message 15 of 179 (24,691 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.