For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
amrikropar's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, March 17th, 2013 9:35 PM

When Andriod 4.2.2 would be available for Samsung S3 ATT users?

Is there any possibities to have Andriod 4.2.2 for Samsung S3?? This is really frustrated when the update is available in the market and you're not taking advantage of it, Its kinda dominated by ATT...I am really not happy with company's strategy-

Guru

• 

309 Messages

11 years ago

I will quite literally eat my GS3 if AT&T actually makes this update available. Even if it happens, it most likely won't be until sometime in 2014. Don't count on AT&T releasing timely Android updates.

Guru

• 

552 Messages

11 years ago

It will come out around the time Google releases Android 5 or 6. Between Google, the manufacturer, and the carrier, there are just too many people involved and no financial incentive to update your phone.
Your best bet if you are willing to tinker and void your warranty is to check out xda-developers.com and see if they have it.

But I'm warning you, it won't have a lot of your favorite and most useful apps, like ATT Navigator, built in.

Scholar

• 

400 Messages

11 years ago

Heck we can not get 4.1.2 from AT&T

Scholar

• 

400 Messages

11 years ago

We can not get 4.1.2 from AT&T let alone 4.2.2

Mentor

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

ATT navigator? That better be a joke. Who in their right mind would run a terrible app like att navigator when Google maps and navigation are right at your finger tips?

Guru

• 

552 Messages

11 years ago

@imonadroid Correct, it was a joke.

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

Sorry, but you only *think* you are frustrated. As the "proud" owner of a Galaxy SII that got updated to Android 4.0.4 and immediately began to suffer from the "Sleep of Death", let me tell you to be careful what you wish for. It seems to me that Samsung and AT&T combine to release some of the buggiest "upgrades" around. YMMV.

Mentor

• 

23 Messages

11 years ago

At this point, if you really need/want the 4.2 firmware, go with a custom ROM. There's lots out there and most are pretty solid and stable. 

Att won't be coming out with 4.2 for a while if at all. Look how long it took them to get us 4.1. And if anyone from Att tells you 1-3 months, in reality that means 10-13 months. 

Guru

• 

552 Messages

11 years ago

February 31 is the official release date for most Android updates on AT$T.

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

11 years ago

Its June 30th and every other carrier other than at&t has updated to 4.1.2 with premium suite.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.