Wireless Forums

Posted Mar 17, 2013
2:35:34 PM
When Andriod 4.2.2 would be available for Samsung S3 ATT users?

Is there any possibities to have Andriod 4.2.2 for Samsung S3?? This is really frustrated when the update is available in the market and you're not taking advantage of it, Its kinda dominated by ATT...I am really not happy with company's strategy-

Is there any possibities to have Andriod 4.2.2 for Samsung S3?? This is really frustrated when the update is available in the market and you're not taking advantage of it, Its kinda dominated by ATT...I am really not happy with company's strategy-

When Andriod 4.2.2 would be available for Samsung S3 ATT users?

13 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(13)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 22, 2013 2:56:27 PM
(0)
Guru
I will quite literally eat my GS3 if AT&T actually makes this update available. Even if it happens, it most likely won't be until sometime in 2014. Don't count on AT&T releasing timely Android updates.
I will quite literally eat my GS3 if AT&T actually makes this update available. Even if it happens, it most likely won't be until sometime in 2014. Don't count on AT&T releasing timely Android updates.

Re: When Andriod 4.2.2 would be available for Samsung S3 ATT users?

2 of 14 (9,628 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 22, 2013 3:23:03 PM
(0)
Guru
It will come out around the time Google releases Android 5 or 6. Between Google, the manufacturer, and the carrier, there are just too many people involved and no financial incentive to update your phone.
Your best bet if you are willing to tinker and void your warranty is to check out xda-developers.com and see if they have it.

But I'm warning you, it won't have a lot of your favorite and most useful apps, like ATT Navigator, built in.
It will come out around the time Google releases Android 5 or 6. Between Google, the manufacturer, and the carrier, there are just too many people involved and no financial incentive to update your phone.
Your best bet if you are willing to tinker and void your warranty is to check out xda-developers.com and see if they have it.

But I'm warning you, it won't have a lot of your favorite and most useful apps, like ATT Navigator, built in.

3 of 14 (9,616 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 22, 2013 4:22:56 PM
(0)
Scholar
Heck we can not get 4.1.2 from AT&T
Heck we can not get 4.1.2 from AT&T

4 of 14 (9,596 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 22, 2013 4:23:52 PM
(0)
Scholar

We can not get 4.1.2 from AT&T let alone 4.2.2

We can not get 4.1.2 from AT&T let alone 4.2.2

5 of 14 (9,594 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2013 4:13:08 AM
(0)
Mentor
ATT navigator? That better be a joke. Who in their right mind would run a terrible app like att navigator when Google maps and navigation are right at your finger tips?
ATT navigator? That better be a joke. Who in their right mind would run a terrible app like att navigator when Google maps and navigation are right at your finger tips?

6 of 14 (9,534 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2013 5:34:56 PM
(0)
Guru
@imonadroid Correct, it was a joke.
@imonadroid Correct, it was a joke.

7 of 14 (9,464 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2013 6:48:55 AM
(0)
Scholar
Sorry, but you only *think* you are frustrated. As the "proud" owner of a Galaxy SII that got updated to Android 4.0.4 and immediately began to suffer from the "Sleep of Death", let me tell you to be careful what you wish for. It seems to me that Samsung and AT&T combine to release some of the buggiest "upgrades" around. YMMV.
Sorry, but you only *think* you are frustrated. As the "proud" owner of a Galaxy SII that got updated to Android 4.0.4 and immediately began to suffer from the "Sleep of Death", let me tell you to be careful what you wish for. It seems to me that Samsung and AT&T combine to release some of the buggiest "upgrades" around. YMMV.

8 of 14 (9,422 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2013 9:19:39 PM
(0)
Mentor

At this point, if you really need/want the 4.2 firmware, go with a custom ROM. There's lots out there and most are pretty solid and stable. 

Att won't be coming out with 4.2 for a while if at all. Look how long it took them to get us 4.1. And if anyone from Att tells you 1-3 months, in reality that means 10-13 months. 

At this point, if you really need/want the 4.2 firmware, go with a custom ROM. There's lots out there and most are pretty solid and stable. 

Att won't be coming out with 4.2 for a while if at all. Look how long it took them to get us 4.1. And if anyone from Att tells you 1-3 months, in reality that means 10-13 months. 

9 of 14 (6,950 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2013 6:37:08 AM
(0)
Guru
February 31 is the official release date for most Android updates on AT$T.
February 31 is the official release date for most Android updates on AT$T.

10 of 14 (6,909 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2013 8:39:48 PM
(0)
Mentor
Its June 30th and every other carrier other than at&t has updated to 4.1.2 with premium suite.
Its June 30th and every other carrier other than at&t has updated to 4.1.2 with premium suite.

11 of 14 (5,954 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2013 11:43:30 AM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by Phil-101 on Jul 18, 2013 at 12:03:03 PM

I prefer Android over IOS any day of the week, but it just goes to show you how much power Apple has with the carriers.  When the Iphone gets and update, Apple pushes it out to the phones and the carriers don't say squat about it.  However, an Android phone get an update, the cariers hold it up under the guise of having to "test thier apps with the release", so if they ever do release it you are already multiple versions behind the latest update.  

It is complete and utter bull and if Google/Android **** they would tell the carriers what to do instead of the carriers dictating what happens.  The worst part of it is that AT&T is the worst offender.  They say they are the best, but when updates get pushed out very quickly by T-Mobile, Sprint and even Verizon, they are only showing thier customer base that they really don't give a *** about thier customers.  All they want you to do is wait and upgrade in two years so you have to spend more money.  It's crap.

[Inappropriate content removed]

I prefer Android over IOS any day of the week, but it just goes to show you how much power Apple has with the carriers.  When the Iphone gets and update, Apple pushes it out to the phones and the carriers don't say squat about it.  However, an Android phone get an update, the cariers hold it up under the guise of having to "test thier apps with the release", so if they ever do release it you are already multiple versions behind the latest update.  

It is complete and utter bull and if Google/Android **** they would tell the carriers what to do instead of the carriers dictating what happens.  The worst part of it is that AT&T is the worst offender.  They say they are the best, but when updates get pushed out very quickly by T-Mobile, Sprint and even Verizon, they are only showing thier customer base that they really don't give a *** about thier customers.  All they want you to do is wait and upgrade in two years so you have to spend more money.  It's crap.

[Inappropriate content removed]

[ Edited ]
12 of 14 (4,862 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2013 12:03:10 PM
(0)
Scholar
I read the headline and all that came to mind was....Hahahahahahahahahahaha
Samsung will once again disregard their agreement with Google and withhold 4.2.2 till November and we will not get it.
ATT+Samsung = bad support.
I read the headline and all that came to mind was....Hahahahahahahahahahaha
Samsung will once again disregard their agreement with Google and withhold 4.2.2 till November and we will not get it.
ATT+Samsung = bad support.

13 of 14 (4,850 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2013 3:06:06 PM
(0)
Scholar
If you want 4.2.2. you need to get an s4 or One. It's your only hope for six months more than likely beyond rooting.
If you want 4.2.2. you need to get an s4 or One. It's your only hope for six months more than likely beyond rooting.

14 of 14 (4,815 Views)