For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
bmgoodman's profile

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

Thursday, December 20th, 2012 12:58 PM

What new Galaxy S2 OTA Update?

This morning I'm getting prompted to connect my phone to wi-fi so an over-the-air update can be installed.  Does anybody know what that is?

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

I have had the same random shutdown issue here after the update. I may be okay now but I am still waiting. I only use it for voice calls and some texting, not for games, music, etc. Here's what I did so far:

1. Took it back to AT&T and they did the reset and replaced my info.

2. Did the Uninstall Updates & Disable on all the AT&T applications.

3. I only have one app - used to display battery life.

4. Turned off the percentage info in the top bar.

Phone still shut down twice. Both times it happened after ending a phone call using my earpiece. My bluetooth earpiece is maybe 5 years old. Thinking this might be the issue I turned off the bluetooth feature (already had WI-FI turned off). My phone ran for 4 days and still showed 19% power remaining! I plugged the charger in and let it get back to 100% then unplugged the charger and did a restart. The phone has been fine since then (9 hours) and is showing 94% power remaining.

I plan on letting it be until the battery is low again and then enabling the bluetooth function to see what happens. I am optimistic!

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

Spoke too soon. Phone died twice today for no reason. AT&T offered to send a refurbished phone to me with 4.0.3. How does that not say there is a problem?!?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

@Nix-Fone wrote:
Spoke too soon. Phone died twice today for no reason. AT&T offered to send a refurbished phone to me with 4.0.3. How does that not say there is a problem?!?

are you in 1 year contract or something or how are they sending you a refurbished device ? What did you do to get the refurbished device, since i have the same issue.

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

I am under the 1 year warranty until April. I actually called back and asked for a supervisor but got the same run-around. I see no reason to get a refurbished phone with the same software level and have the same issue. I begged them to look at the forums and see how many people are having this problem.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

@Nix-Fone wrote:
I am under the 1 year warranty until April. I actually called back and asked for a supervisor but got the same run-around. I see no reason to get a refurbished phone with the same software level and have the same issue. I begged them to look at the forums and see how many people are having this problem.

But they don't care. That's the problem. And unfortunately if you are out of 1 year warranty, you are totally on your own. Maybe we should file a case against them, i am sure we wil get lot more folks. Do you think we can do that ?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.