The Samsung Galaxy S24
bmgoodman's profile

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

Thursday, December 20th, 2012 12:58 PM

What new Galaxy S2 OTA Update?

This morning I'm getting prompted to connect my phone to wi-fi so an over-the-air update can be installed.  Does anybody know what that is?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

The update is an extremely minor update and according to AT&T, these are the changes:

Among other things it includes

• Fixes to the AT&T branded application launch process
  • An EAS/Office 365 security pop-up fix
  • An update to all Google branded applications

EDIT: It should be version 4.0.4 assuming you are already on Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.3)

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for the information.  For those who are curious, it's currently downloading 80360KB, so it would seem to be a small update.

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

ADDITIONAL WARNING! I just learned that after downloading it, you can only postpone the update 3 times before it is forced upon you. The "delay" time is 1, 4, or 8 hours each time. So be sure when you accept the download that you're nearly ready to apply it!

Otherwise, keep your wifi off so it won't download automatically.

Some 25 minutes have passed with my phone in a non-op state while the upgrade ran. So far, it looks like all is well. I'll post back with some changes.

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

11 years ago

my sgs2 update fine. phone seem to run a little better but now bloatware is back (somehow when i upgrade to ics some things were able to be unistalled) and they reomove my most usefull widget! the scrolling bookmark widget.......8 hours and I miss it so.........I must remain strong..........

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

11 years ago

I would still like them to fix the notification problem.  Some days the phone works perfect, other days it will go silent for a a couple of hours and then start working normal.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

11 years ago

update:

I called ATT and they confirmed that there was a bug in the software an after telling them enough was enough; I told them that the next step was to go to Verizon.  They are now sending out a HTC phone.  Funny because they said it would be an older inspire 4g, but the email states that they are shipping a HTC one x.  It does not matter to me.  Just a phone that does what it is supposed to do.

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

This update seems to make my battery life a bit less than before, but otherwise, it's OK. Though there are a few minor issues that show a lack of polish, such as when the phone is fully charged, it shows on the top notification row a small battery with 100% superimposed upon it as well as a 100% icon plus the original battery icon that is fully green. Basically, I get 3 icons instead of one. I've also had the "sleep of death" once in the past week, but I had those sporadically under 4.0.3 also.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

i called them too...but they are just not accepting its their fault...asking me to contact samsung...crazy service - i cant believe they are the biggest GSM provider in the country...

i even asked them to provide a penalty free early upgrade (due in 5 months anyway)...but nah, they just love to mint the money w/o paying any attention to customers...very disappointing...

Mentor

• 

24 Messages

11 years ago

I havent gotten them to accept that the software upgrade is causing any issues either. They are trying to say its my battery. I guess my wifes phone which starting have the exact same problems as mine after the update needs a battery also. What a bunch of ****** at att/samsung

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I have this same horrible problem of phone dying atleast twice or thrice a day after this update. Can somebody help me with this...... ?????????????

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.