For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
bender991's profile

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

Tuesday, June 4th, 2013 3:05 AM

What is the latest version of Android for the original Galaxy S2 and how do I get it?

Title says it all. I haven't updated my phone since I got it so it still has the original OS on it, but I think it's about time to update it.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

Hello there!

What is your current version of Android on the device? Have you tried checking for Software Updates? you can do so by going to Settings > AT&T Software Update > Check Now

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

I suggest you aim to install 4.0.3, which to me was the most stable and least bug-ridden 4.0.x version for the S2. Just be careful of the bug where the wi-fi oftentimes doesn't reconnect after sleep. This can unexpectedly put a lot of data onto your data plan. Otherwise, it's a pretty solid OS.

With 4.0.4, now that they've fixed the Sleep of Death, I have two issues I never had before. One is the GPS oftentimes refuses to get a lock (constantly "searching" for satellites). The other is the the Bluetooth now frequently drops and reconnects for both phone and audio. It's a nuisance with music, but somewhat worse when you drop your phone call on hands-free.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.