Helpful Links

What if upgrade to Jelly Bean on my S3 is interrupted by phone call or text?

Guru

What if upgrade to Jelly Bean on my S3 is interrupted by phone call or text?

Does the phone put itself into Airplane mode during the upgrade process? I am afraid that I may start the process then have a text or call come in in the middle of it. Should I put it in Airplane mode manually before I begin? 

Message 1 of 4
Mentor

Re: What if upgrade to Jelly Bean on my SO is interrupted by phone call or text?

Don't worry about it. I think you will be able to talk on your phone during the first part of the upgrade. The second part of the upgrade I don't think you can get phone calls or text because the phone is in download mode. The whole process takes about 1 hr depending on your internet speed. Good luck. I'm sure you will be happy with jelly bean.

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Guru

Re: What if upgrade to Jelly Bean on my S3 is interrupted by phone call or text?

Thanks. It took onlyabout 25 mins to download and install. Def a lot faster when switching and opening apps. Going to need to see whats new.
Message 3 of 4
Mentor

Re: What if upgrade to Jelly Bean on my S3 is interrupted by phone call or text?

your welcome.

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support