Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 29, 2013
4:50:18 PM
View profile
What happened to the recent Galaxy S4 firmware update?

A couple of days ago, I noticed on this site that a firmware update from Baseband version I337UCUAMDB to I337UCUAMDJ was announced, and directions given to go to "About phone" to update it.  I tried then, but due to a problem with wifi in the hotel I'm at, it did not go through.  I waited 24 hours and tried again, but this time it said that my software is up to date.  So what happened?  Did AT&T withdraw it?  It was issued to improve screen touch sensitivity and a couple of other things.  That same section on this site now says that no software updates are available.

A couple of days ago, I noticed on this site that a firmware update from Baseband version I337UCUAMDB to I337UCUAMDJ was announced, and directions given to go to "About phone" to update it.  I tried then, but due to a problem with wifi in the hotel I'm at, it did not go through.  I waited 24 hours and tried again, but this time it said that my software is up to date.  So what happened?  Did AT&T withdraw it?  It was issued to improve screen touch sensitivity and a couple of other things.  That same section on this site now says that no software updates are available.

What happened to the recent Galaxy S4 firmware update?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2013 10:55:03 PM
(0)
Mentor

I've heard rumor of an upcoming update to all US carriers S4s, but it's just been rumor.  It wouldn't surprise me if AT&T blocked themselves out of being able to update with their own locked bootloader.

I've heard rumor of an upcoming update to all US carriers S4s, but it's just been rumor.  It wouldn't surprise me if AT&T blocked themselves out of being able to update with their own locked bootloader.

Re: What happened to the recent Galaxy S4 firmware update?

2 of 2 (3,386 Views)