The Samsung Galaxy S24
delphiman's profile

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

Sunday, December 22nd, 2013 2:15 PM

What are these after upgrade S3 to Android 4.3?

After my phone Galaxy S3 upgraded to Android 4.3 yesterday, my phone keep downloading these these every 15 minutes.

Does anyone know what are these?

Screenshot_2013-12-22-07-35-39.png

1 Attachment

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

10 years ago

You don't need to do a factory reset to get rid of those.  They're old downloads that you didn't clear out.  Go to the downloads app and clear everything out. If that doesn't work, go to settings > more  > application manager > swipe over to all > scroll down to download manager and clear the cache.  This should do the trick for you.  As for the battery drain, it usually sorts itself out after 7 to 10 days.  What I did after the update was let the battery completely drain, then remove the battery for about an hour and reinsert it. Then completely recharge the phone with the power turned off and with the stock charger.  What that does is that it tricks the battery into resetting itself. After that the battery drain was almost what it was in 4.1.2.  The battery drain issue is a known issue and according to another thread AT&T is working on a fix.  Hope this all helps you out.

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

10 years ago

That doesn't look good... any chance you've installed something recently?

I'd reboot the phone for sure, but if that keeps up start looking hard at the apps you've installed...

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

No, that just appeared right after I did the upgrade from ATT and Samsung.

Now, it shows every 15 minutes.

Also, I notice that this new upgrade drains my battery super fast. I mean extremely fast. Any idea why?

Scholar

• 

70 Messages

10 years ago

Because it is a crap update. Att plus Samsung equals poor customer service.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Wow, I wish I have known this. This is terrible ATT

oh crap, I dónt want to reset my phone to factory

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for your help

I will try that

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

10 years ago

You're welcome! Quick question for you, how did you get weather info to show up in your notification panel?

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

That is Accuweather app

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Alright, I think the battery is really getting worse. Before I upgrade my Galaxy S3, my phone could last about 2 to 3 days without charging. Now, after the upgrade, I have to charge my phone every 7 hours.

The battery percentage drops in free fall even the phone just sitting there.

I tried the trick, take the battery out for 1 hour, charge it again as pbm5362 mentioned but it is not working.

Please help.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

What does the battery usage details tell you about what is using the battery?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.