Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Wanting to switch from iPhone to Android

Contributor

Wanting to switch from iPhone to Android

Looking at maybe going from iPhone to Android but have concerns about wifi texting. Does Android support this feature now?

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Louie1974
‎09-17-2018 8:36 AM

Re: Wanting to switch from iPhone to Android

Yes, if you get an ATT branded android that supports Wifi Calling. Unlike iPhones, you must get an ATT model to have Wifi Calling.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
Contributor

Great as ATT is my carrier that should be easy.

Message 3 of 6
ACE - Expert

@sandblaster wrote:

Yes, if you get an ATT branded android that supports Wifi Calling. Unlike iPhones, you must get an ATT model to have Wifi Calling.

@sandblaster

If the op wants wifi texting the op will have to use the built in messaging app that comes with the phone.  No changing apps.  @Louie1974  also remember to turn off iMessages on your iPhone before you switch phones.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Contributor

I switched from iphone to android but i cant get my messages to work

Message 5 of 6
ACE - Sage

@ClaudiaDavis

Read all previous responses carefully.  

With all that information, if you still have a problem ask a complete question with details.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support