Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Want to uninstall an software update for a Samsung j3

Highlighted
Tutor

Want to uninstall an software update for a Samsung j3

I have a Samsung j3 that did a software update Friday and I DO NOT LIKE IT AT ALL!!! Is their a way to uninstall it so it will go back to how it use to be 

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Community Manager (Community Manager)
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM
‎10-09-2018 2:18 PM

Re: Want to uninstall an software update for a Samsung j3

Nope, once the update installs the only way is to flash the previous ROM and there are good chances of voiding the warranty and/or bricking the phone in the process if you don't know what you're doing. Not to mention erasing all the data on the phone.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
Tutor

So I cant just like factory reset it I really hate this update and was hoping something simple like that would fix it but if it won't guess I'll just half to get use to it thanks for ur answer 

Message 3 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Drema1991
‎10-08-2018 5:24 AM

No, unlike some other devices that go back to the original software when you reset them the phones just reset the user settings and data. The system will remain at the latest version, so unfortunately getting used to it is the only option Smiley Sad

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 6
Tutor

Ok thank you :-)

Message 5 of 6
ACE - Expert

You're welcome, although it wasn't the answer you were hoping for Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support