The Samsung Galaxy S24
FlaGal's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Saturday, June 16th, 2018 1:28 PM

Closed

Want to remove a pin number from my cell phone LGK10

I want to remove my Pin number from my cell phone, LGK10.  Is this even possible?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@FlaGal

Turn off

1. Drag down the notification bar and tap the Settings icon at the top-right.
  2. Tap Display > Lock screen. (If using List view, scroll down to 'DEVICE,' then tap Lock screen.)
  3. Tap Select screen lock.
  4. Enter your current PIN or password.
  5. Tap None to turn off the device lock.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@FlaGal wrote:

I want to remove my Pin number from my cell phone, LGK10.  Is this even possible?

You don't know the PIN?

Or you know it and you just want it gone?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

I know my Pin number, just want it gone.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you, thank you.  That worked and I can not tell you how happy I am to have this problem solved.  I am an 82 year "young lady", pretty good at solving problems on my own, (but not this time).  So you have made my day.  Thanks again and have a great weekend.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

You're welcome!

@FlaGal wrote:

Thank you, thank you.  That worked and I can not tell you how happy I am to have this problem solved.

You do need to realize what a security risk this could be if you lose your phone or have it stolen.

If you have your e-mail account on your phone or apps that connect to stores or banks, people can tell those accounts to reset your password at a store or maybe even the bank and it will mail the password to the e-mail on the phone and they can reset it. Or just make international calls or use your phone for the internet and incur charges/overages.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

6 years ago

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this subject, and a great solution!