The Samsung Galaxy S24
dquick48's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, May 6th, 2014 1:13 AM

Wake up galaxy s5

It was my understanding that I could wake my phone from lock screen and go into S-Voice by saying the wake up command "Hi Galaxy" as long as I had lock screen set to "Swipe" without password. I have tried everything for last week including changing wake up phrase per Samsung instructions and cannot get it to work.

Anyone else having this problem?

Am I wrong about this feature?

My phone is a Galaxy S5 AT&T SM-G900A

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

10 years ago

It's not able to wake the device, only unlock it.

The battery drain constantly listening for a voice while in standby would be shocking 🙂

Press the power button, say your phrase, and it should be unlocked.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I understand the power drain. but it doesn't work from any screen.

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

10 years ago

Hi dquick48

1. Ensure your S-Voice app is not turned off.

2. When in the lock screen (mine was already without the password request), press twice the home button, this will activate the S-Voice.

I tested and for me did work for my Galaxy S5

Cheers

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

It is a bit unclear how this should work.

I can get my voice wake up phrase to open the mic when I am inside S Voice, which I can start with the home key double click, but I thought my wake up command was supposed to start S Voice when I was viewing, for example, my home page. It does not. Should it? The phone is unlocked at the point in time I say my wake up phrase, but nothing happens.

If I say "OK Google" - the Google voice search starts right away, so why can't S Voice do the same?

Alfred Christensen

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I have the same phone and the same problem, I gave up trying to annoying.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

@alfred11512 wrote:

It is a bit unclear how this should work.

I can get my voice wake up phrase to open the mic when I am inside S Voice, which I can start with the home key double click, but I thought my wake up command was supposed to start S Voice when I was viewing, for example, my home page. It does not. Should it? The phone is unlocked at the point in time I say my wake up phrase, but nothing happens.

If I say "OK Google" - the Google voice search starts right away, so why can't S Voice do the same?

Alfred Christensen

If im not mistaken you have to choose one or the other.  Both of them cant be listening to the mic at the sametime.  I maybe wrong but it could be the issue

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the resplies.

I seem to be able to do what I want to do with Google Now (what starts when you say "OK Google"). I can send text messages, I can start calls, etc. - so for now, I'll just uninstall S Voice.

To configure Google Now, go into 'Apps' and find 'Google Settings' - and updates those as you like. Then just say 'OK Google Send Text to [some name in your contacts]' - etc.

Another option is to use Skyvi, but I like Google Now a little better.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.