Helpful Links

Wake up galaxy s5

Contributor

Wake up galaxy s5

It was my understanding that I could wake my phone from lock screen and go into S-Voice by saying the wake up command "Hi Galaxy" as long as I had lock screen set to "Swipe" without password. I have tried everything for last week including changing wake up phrase per Samsung instructions and cannot get it to work.

Anyone else having this problem?

Am I wrong about this feature?

My phone is a Galaxy S5 AT&T SM-G900A

Message 1 of 8
ACE - Professor

Re: Wake up galaxy s5

It's not able to wake the device, only unlock it.

The battery drain constantly listening for a voice while in standby would be shocking Smiley Happy

Press the power button, say your phrase, and it should be unlocked.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8
Highlighted
Contributor

I understand the power drain. but it doesn't work from any screen.
Message 3 of 8

Hi dquick48

1. Ensure your S-Voice app is not turned off.

2. When in the lock screen (mine was already without the password request), press twice the home button, this will activate the S-Voice.

I tested and for me did work for my Galaxy S5

Cheers

Message 4 of 8
Contributor

It is a bit unclear how this should work.

I can get my voice wake up phrase to open the mic when I am inside S Voice, which I can start with the home key double click, but I thought my wake up command was supposed to start S Voice when I was viewing, for example, my home page. It does not. Should it? The phone is unlocked at the point in time I say my wake up phrase, but nothing happens.

If I say "OK Google" - the Google voice search starts right away, so why can't S Voice do the same?

Alfred Christensen

Message 5 of 8
Tutor

I have the same phone and the same problem, I gave up trying to annoying.

Message 6 of 8
ACE - Expert

alfred11512 wrote:

It is a bit unclear how this should work.

I can get my voice wake up phrase to open the mic when I am inside S Voice, which I can start with the home key double click, but I thought my wake up command was supposed to start S Voice when I was viewing, for example, my home page. It does not. Should it? The phone is unlocked at the point in time I say my wake up phrase, but nothing happens.

If I say "OK Google" - the Google voice search starts right away, so why can't S Voice do the same?

Alfred Christensen

If im not mistaken you have to choose one or the other.  Both of them cant be listening to the mic at the sametime.  I maybe wrong but it could be the issue

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 8
Contributor

Thanks for the resplies.

I seem to be able to do what I want to do with Google Now (what starts when you say "OK Google"). I can send text messages, I can start calls, etc. - so for now, I'll just uninstall S Voice.

To configure Google Now, go into 'Apps' and find 'Google Settings' - and updates those as you like. Then just say 'OK Google Send Text to [some name in your contacts]' - etc.

Another option is to use Skyvi, but I like Google Now a little better.

Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support