For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
tdebie's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, January 30th, 2014 12:04 AM

WARNING! HTC One X AT&T 4.2.2 update? - pictures deleted and my device still says I'm on 4.1.1

I bought this phone the week it first launched and I've been on 4.1.1 (and running reasonably well) since 4.1.1 was released.

About an hour ago, I checked for an update, which it said was avaiable. I downloaded the update and, before I installed it clearly said that nothing would be deleted....

After the update, I've found that I'm still on 4.1.1 and all my pictures were deleted. The pictures are backed up on Carbonite, so it is not a big loss, but everyone else should be aware of this.

Maybe this was a pre-cursor update and not the actual 4.2.2 update? Does anyone know?

Professor

• 

3K Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the heads up on losing the photos.  At least you are smart enough to backup what is important to you (which many folks are not).  For others, with any major OS update, you should back up any important personal data.  Updates are not "supposed" to delete anything.  But you should backup anyway to be safe.

There is a 16 MB update that gets downloaded and installed before the actual full (500+ MB) 4.2.2 Sense 5 update.  It sounds like you just got the "intermediate" update.  The 16MB update doesn't seem to change anything, based on reports by others.  Likely just some preparatory updated needed before the "real" one.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.