Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Voicemail service not available

Teacher

Voicemail service not available

Phone:  HTC A9

When accessing voicemail I get the "Service Not Available" message.  It has been this way for the last 5 days ...

This is the first time this has happened in the last 4 years.

Thank you ...

Message 13 of 638
Tutor

Re: Voicemail not working

The FCC reports complaints to the corporate office so corporate can track their performance. The FCC will use this information against them when they renew licensing, so it is in AT&T's interest to clear these complaints as fast as possible.

You can get the same result by calling the office of the President of AT&T:  501-862-6775 (No, you won't actually speak to the President/CEO).  Talk to Danny and he'll walk you through the "Press and Hold 1" process. You, Danny, and everyone, all know it won't work, but that is what Danny is required to do. Just do it. When it fails, call him back tell him it didn't work and request he re-establish your VM. Danny will put in a work order with the Engineering Department (bypassing Tech Support) and should have you back up in 24-36 hrs. Mine was back up less than 24 hours after my first phone call.

Good luck!

Message 631 of 638
Tutor

Re: Visual voicemail note 10+

Tim, You failed to provide any useful contact info, and in this failure, you simply insult the AT&T Community you claim to represent, and incite the ire of paying customers. Your suggestion to "call us" using a hyperlink, does not translate into a valid point of contact. AT&T has over 250 distinct corporate phone numbers, only one of which will result in a solution. I had to call the Office of the President (a number I found through my annual prospectus, not your post to this forum) at 501-862-6775 and request my VM be reset. It was done in less than 24 hours! But only after I called the Office of the President directly.

Shoot straight or don't bother to post.

RWRowland

Customer and Stockholder

Message 632 of 638

Simple, really. I'm  just heading down to Verizon or Sprint or whoever and changing my service. I'm posting everywhere I can that AT&T is awful.

It's sad, though, that a major company is a) unable to solve a problem like this; and b) won't address it directly.

But that makes it easy to decide where to take my business ...

Message 633 of 638
Contributor

My voicemail has been out for almost two weeks and I'm really starting to get frustrated. I'm a recent college graduate who is actively applying for jobs and it's taunting to see the notification for the four voicemails I have every time I unlock my phone because they *could* be a job offer. Are there any apps or any way I can get into my voicemail during this outage?

Message 634 of 638
Teacher

Re: Visual voicemail note 10

File an FCC complaint. It'll probably start working magically in 24 hours.

Install Youmail

##- Please type your reply above this line -
Message 635 of 638

I solved my AT&T voicemail problem by immediately switching to a competitor. Was a customer for many years, as soon as I got "service not available" I knew I was doomed since I was aware of all the news articles about unfixable AT&T voicemail. For laughs I talked to tech support and they could do nothing nor provide any estimate. Not have voicemail working is almost as bad as not being able to make and receive calls. I essentially had no choice. Thank god that switching carriers and keeping your number is so easy these days.

Message 636 of 638
Contributor

This is not fixed!  Someone sent me a voicemail this morning and I haven't gotten it yet.  It will probably come eventually - it seems to be taking 6 to 8 hours.  Today is Wednesday and the last message I got was Monday.

Message 637 of 638
Contributor

Re: Voicemail service not available

This seems to be a recurring problem that AT&T SHOULD be able to fix, but apparently doesn't care or doesn't have the expertise to fix. Certainly not what I expect from this vendor.

Message 638 of 638
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support